Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roomba, floor mapping, impassable doorways

• 28-03-2019 8:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Want to get a roomba. Currently looking at e5 and 960/966.

How does the floor mapping handle it being manually picked up and moved between rooms? It's quite likely we'll need to do that. A couple of floors are different heights, making the thresholds difficult to traverse. We also have a toddler and a dog, so we keep certain doors shut for rooms not baby-safe, or restricting the dog. Is there any model that would handle this better or worse (not just the two I mentioned).

The main difference between the e5 and the 960 seems to be mapping - so if the 960 wouldn't handle our environment well anyway we would just get the e5. Or if the i7 would manage a lot better then maybe we should look at that...

Are some models better than others at climbing tricky thresholds?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Have a look at the big thread about this already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Right. I discovered MrCheez has a roomba that can climb his 3cm coir doormat. I then searched all his posts in this forum to determine he has a 606 model named Phil. He also cycles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Right. I discovered MrCheez has a roomba that can climb his 3cm coir doormat. I then searched all his posts in this forum to determine he has a 606 model named Phil. He also cycles.

Take a look at the Roborock too

MAJJ wrote: »
    Take a look at the Roborock too
    Ordered an s5. Thanks

Happy with choice. Works well on hard floors. Mopping is very basic but nice addition. Kitchen and bathroom will still need manual mopping. Doesn't manage the saddle boards I was wondering about, but works fine just left in individual rooms. The need to isolate it from the dog and baby means we would be most likely doing this anyway. The floors all look great and it gets up plenty of dirt - though the kitchen and bathroom still need manual mopping as I mentioned. Other floors are laminate and the mopping feature works well for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement