If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Acoustics 3010i 5.1 pack vs Focal Evo 5.1.2 pack

Options
  • 28-03-2019 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello,
    I'm wondering how do these two compare in sound quality for movies and music (And also if I choose 3010i pack what's the best way to upgrade it to 5.1.2 atmos setup). They have very simillar price when bought with Denon AVX2500H bundle. Thanks !

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi zhac,

thanks for the post and an interesting query!

To be honest they are quite different systems - the Focal Sib 5.1.2 really is almost unique in that it is a Sub / Sat system but offers really well integrated Atmos functionality and without breaking the bank and going right up to the Monitor Audio R90 HT1 System it is pretty much the best Sub / Sat system around.

..Then you get to the Q Acoustics 3010i 5.1 kit - to be honest this is a better sounding pack but you do have to accept the size compromise, you lose the Atmos functionality and it does not look as well in a domestic setting ( but the white finish looks great!) The main issue of course is that you would have to add separate Atmos speakers and to date Q Acoustics don't manufacture a dedicated Atmos speaker so you would have to add something like the ELTAX ATM 

You should also have a look at the excellent AVRX2500 / Fyne Audio bundle at just £899 / €999 - in my opinion that sounds the best of all!
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13679-denon-avrx2500-fyne-audio-f300-5-1-av-speaker-pack-black-av-receiver-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

All of the above are available from stock ready to ship :)

Thanks again and dont hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.