Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a wheelbuilder - Where's Cliff??

Options
  • 28-03-2019 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to rebuild a wheel, moving from 10 speed to 11 speed hub..
    I have used Cliff in the past but don't know where he is now as Cyleways is closed now. Any idea's?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

Can recommend Expert Cycles in Rathfarnham.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

humphries have a good rep as wheelbuilders, if you're northside.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Think someone said he's gone to Specialized Concept Store. Could be wrong there.

I've used Humphries for my every day wheels. Bombproof over 2 years of heavy use. Darragh at Bee cycles is always recommended too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

having only recently found out what 'the naul' means as gaeilge, i respectfully suggest that cliff sets up a bike shop there. should be enough passing traffic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

scott1974 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to rebuild a wheel, moving from 10 speed to 11 speed hub..
    I have used Cliff in the past but don't know where he is now as Cyleways is closed now. Any idea's?
    Thanks

He's around in Harry's Bikes as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Thanks everyone..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Plastik wrote: »
    He's around in Harry's Bikes as far as I know.

yes this was it. Don't know where I got the Specialized store form. Did there other mechanic go there maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Weepsie wrote: »
    yes this was it. Don't know where I got the Specialized store form. Did there other mechanic go there maybe?

Yeah, some of the other lads are out in the Spesh place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

having only recently found out what 'the naul' means as gaeilge, i respectfully suggest that cliff sets up a bike shop there. should be enough passing traffic...

Everyday's a..............

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....which is why it is simply 'Naul'. To say 'The Naul' is effectively saying 'The the cliff'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 damncyclist

The two boys from Cycleways moved to the Specialized store, lovely lads and great mechanics.

Then Cliff left cycleways and is now head mechanic in Harry's, under new ownership and the place is looking lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

I've had three sets of wheels built by Expert in Rathfarnham - no issues with any of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Expert - i have an abused igh with pitted cup and cones that is 10+ years old, raced, crashed and god knows what else that is still perfect. I just had them fix the stock wheels on the new bike that appear to have been built on a friday, 30km of sessioning a xc race course and perfect.

Advertisement