Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Valueclub Easter mail offering Vodafone phone voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 drmcg9

Hi footloose32. PM sent. Please let me know.. Edit: footloose32 offered to post the voucher. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Can someone confirm which phone is unlocked ? Nokia last time was unlocked...cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Out of the three phones, which would be the best value?
    Don't need a phone at the moment, but might get one as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Can someone confirm which phone is unlocked ? Nokia last time was unlocked...cheers

Last time, even the Vodafone N9 Lite was unlocked. It would be so kind if anyone who have purchased the phone could confirm the phones locked or unlocked.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

H I have a spare voucher here too.
    In Cork.

Just one further thing I noticed, it also applies if switching from PAYG to sim only on Vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

mik_da_man wrote: »
    H I have a spare voucher here too.
    In Cork.

Just one further thing I noticed, it also applies if switching from PAYG to sim only on Vodafone

Could I take that off you if you don't mind?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Could I take that off you if you don't mind?

Ok. Pm your address

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Hi,
    Voucher available here if anyone needs it, just send a PM and I'll scan and send,
    Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Connrang wrote: »
    Hi,
    Voucher available here if anyone needs it, just send a PM and I'll scan and send,
    Ray

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'd love one if anybody has a spare. Got my value club mailing but no vodafone vchr enclosed.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Send me a pm, I’ll scan and send
    I'd love one if anybody has a spare. Got my value club mailing but no vodafone vchr enclosed.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Its in the post

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Scans of the voucher are unlikely to be accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does the eir/3/Tesco SIM have to be activated? I remember before they started to check as loads were going into competitors stores and getting a sim then going straight to VF with it to "port" for the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Can anyone confirm if Lyca sim is accepted for switching? It's not mentioned in the voucher that Lyca sim is excluded from switching offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

I found this on vodafone website>>>

Dunnes Stores Pay As You Go/ SIMO Switching Offer

These terms and conditions apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services and form part of your contract with us. By availing of this Offer, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The terms are as follows:

Free pair of Plantronics BackBeat 505 wireless headphones available to customers who present accessory voucher in store when switching to any Vodafone X plan from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile). To complete the order process the customer must then enter the unique code provided by our staff in-store into the online Vodafone accessory portal and claim their free headphones. Customers must top up by €20 in-store to be eligible for the offer.
    Once the order process is complete, the headphones will be delivered to the customer’s address within 2 working days.
    This offer excludes Vodafone customers moving from any other Vodafone plan to Vodafone X.
    This offer is valid from and including 1stApril 2019 until 30thApril 2019
    This offer is subject to availability and while stocks last.

I have couple questions now. Is Vodafone X available for everybody or it depends from store assistant? Is this offer available with Dunnes stores voucher only? It does not say that on banner, but says in T&C. Also nobody replied is Huawei Y6 2019 available in store?

OsZa wrote: »
    I found this on vodafone website>>>

Dunnes Stores Pay As You Go/ SIMO Switching Offer

These terms and conditions apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services and form part of your contract with us. By availing of this Offer, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The terms are as follows:

Free pair of Plantronics BackBeat 505 wireless headphones available to customers who present accessory voucher in store when switching to any Vodafone X plan from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile). To complete the order process the customer must then enter the unique code provided by our staff in-store into the online Vodafone accessory portal and claim their free headphones. Customers must top up by €20 in-store to be eligible for the offer.
    Once the order process is complete, the headphones will be delivered to the customer’s address within 2 working days.
    This offer excludes Vodafone customers moving from any other Vodafone plan to Vodafone X.
    This offer is valid from and including 1stApril 2019 until 30thApril 2019
    This offer is subject to availability and while stocks last.

I have couple questions now. Is Vodafone X available for everybody or it depends from store assistant? Is this offer available with Dunnes stores voucher only? It does not say that on banner, but says in T&C. Also nobody replied is Huawei Y6 2019 available in store?

Does this mean you can get free headphones as well ??

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Does this mean you can get free headphones as well ??

No, that Vodafone T&Cs page has been garbled up by whatever genius updated it last so the wrong T&Cs are appearing under several different headings.

No idea where those accessory vouchers come from but it's not Dunnes anyway.

Where's the best place to get a free SIM to port?
    My local eir store charges €10, the €10 covers the cost of a top up that I don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Where's the best place to get a free SIM to port?
    My local eir store charges €10, the €10 covers the cost of a top up that I don't need.

Virgin are offering free sim only accounts at the moment, free for the first month. You could get a sim from them and port over. Or Lyca also offer free sims and Eir offer free sims on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got nothing in my mailing

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

I have a voucher that I won't be using. Can be collected in Dundrum or I'll post. Goes to whoever PM's me first

It's gone now

Eir sending out a free SIM. My local vf store said they'd have to ring the number to verify it's active.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

By far the easiest way to get a SIM is online from Eir. Totally free and will arrive in 2-3 days.

AFAIK VF will not accept Lyca numbers for porting.

Used to be that every VF shop either rang or texted the number being ported to check it was active. Friend ported an Eir# without the number being checked at the weekend

fdevine wrote: »
    By far the easiest way to get a SIM is online from Eir. Totally free and will arrive in 2-3 days.

Used to be that every VF shop either rang or texted the number being ported to check it was active. Friend ported an Eir# without the number being checked at the weekend

Last time i called from lyca number using second sim on phone and they did not even realize that..

Is there a minimum amount of time you have to spend with a network after you've ported your number to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Just wondering if anyone has a voucher they are not using ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

fdevine wrote: »

Two questions folks. The wife just received her VF voucher with her Dunnes Stores issue and she is wondering (A) which is the best phone of the three on offer and (B) why are people ordering new sims from Eir and other companies when taking advantage of this offer?
    Ta.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Two questions folks. The wife just received her VF voucher with her Dunnes Stores issue and she is wondering (A) which is the best phone of the three on offer and (B) why are people ordering new sims from Eir and other companies when taking advantage of this offer?
    Ta.

You can compare all phones against each other here: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9235&idPhone2=9620&idPhone3=9335

I'm guessing those getting free sims from other networks are doing so because they don't want to switch their main number to vodafone so if they switch a new sim they can get a cheap phone and unlock it and then use their main sim card in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Toxica wrote: »
    You can compare all phones against each other here: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9235&idPhone2=9620&idPhone3=9335

I'm guessing those getting free sims from other networks are doing so because they don't want to switch their main number to vodafone so if they switch a new sim they can get a cheap phone and unlock it and then use their main sim card in it?

Thank you. Makes perfect sense.

Advertisement