Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Valueclub Easter mail offering Vodafone phone voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has a voucher they are not using ?

Thanks.

Will PM you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

I was about to pull the trigger on the Huawei, but it looks like it doesn't have NFC: can anybody confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

darconio wrote: »
    I was about to pull the trigger on the Huawei, but it looks like it doesn't have NFC: can anybody confirm?

No, it doesn't supports NFC

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/y6-2019/specs/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭bromley52

Iv a voucher if someone wants to collect in Douglas Cork. I'm not posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Looking for a voucher if anyone has one and would post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

davehey79 wrote: »
    Looking for a voucher if anyone has one and would post

Will PM you now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I bought the Huawei Y6 and it's locked so I can't use it. It cost me €60 euro (I had to get a €20 top up with it). Looking to sell it for what I paid for it. Credit and receipt will be in the box. In Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Any of these phones unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Any of these phones unlocked?

Huawei is not unlocked..two more left to be confirmed

The Vodafone Smart X9 is an excellent phone for €90 and is definitely unlocked. My wife has it and loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

bromley52 wrote: »
    The Vodafone Smart X9 is an excellent phone for €90 and is definitely unlocked. My wife has it and loves it.

Ohh thats great news...might go for it as a spare then..cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

I'm looking for a cheap Android phone (will be my second phone) so is it possible to use this voucher and get a free sim from Eir (or Virgin) and buy the mentioned phones with discount?

Edit: Does anyone know if Vodafone Smart N9 is locked or not?

Edit 2: So does anyone have any unused voucher that I can use? I can pick it up physically and pay for it.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bonjurkes wrote: »
    Edit: Does anyone know if Vodafone Smart N9 is locked or not?

Both the Smart N9 Lite and Smart X9 are unlocked so I'd be fairly confident the Smart N9 is unlocked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Smart N9 that I took with the voucher is unlocked. Hopefully other Smart N9s are also the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Just to confirm, do you pay an extra €20 on top of the prices advertised on the vouchers or is the cost of credit included in the handset price?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Got my Eir simcard and went into VF store in Henry Street to buy the N9: I came across the most frustrated a-hole in vodafone.
    He wanted to test the phone number (fair enough I had the sim on a spare phone that I let ring and showed him) but then he went on stating that if the sim hasn't been topped up it cannot be ported.... I insisted that this is a first for me but he was adamant and didn't give in, like he would get a commission from selling/not selling the phone
    What a muppet, I will try another store next week

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just to confirm, do you pay an extra €20 on top of the prices advertised on the vouchers or is the cost of credit included in the handset price?

Yeah, the €20 top up is extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

^Thanks for confirming :)

Got my Eir simcard and went into VF store in Henry Street to buy the N9: I came across the most frustrated a-hole in vodafone.
    He wanted to test the phone number (fair enough I had the sim on a spare phone that I let ring and showed him) but then he went on stating that if the sim hasn't been topped up it cannot be ported.... I insisted that this is a first for me but he was adamant and didn't give in, like he would get a commission from selling/not selling the phone

Samething happened to me last time. The staff member informed me that I need to call to the shop's landline to confirm my mobile number to be ported. When I said there was no balance on the mobile number, he asked me to top it up. You can see the story here.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

He wanted to test the phone number (fair enough I had the sim on a spare phone that I let ring and showed him) but then he went on stating that if the sim hadn't been topped up it cannot be ported.... I insisted that this is a first for me but he was adamant and didn't give in, like he would get a commission from selling/not selling the phone

How would he know it hasn't been topped up though? Just tell him you've made sure to use up the credit on your Eir SIM before porting - that'd make absolute sense.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    How would he know it hasn't been topped up though? Just tell him you've made sure to use up the credit on your Eir SIM before porting - that'd make absolute sense.

I argued with the staff member in the same line of thought you have mentioned here, but in vain last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I've got a phone voucher for this offer from Dunne's that i won't be using if anybody wants it?

Dont bother with the voucher especially as you need to spend an extra €20 on credit.
    The Vodafone Smart X9 is a no brainer at €90 when porting. It comes unlocked, is an excellent phone and has a very good camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bromley52 wrote: »
    Dont bother with the voucher especially as you need to spend an extra €20 on credit.
    The Vodafone Smart X9 is a no brainer at €90 when porting. It comes unlocked, is an excellent phone and has a very good camera.

Even with the €20 credit you have to buy,you are still saving about €80 on the price of the phone. Why would you say "don't bother with a voucher"? €80 is €80.
    I'm sure folks will find a buyer for the €20 credit if they don't need it or just use it themselves until it's used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joeyoey

I've got a phone voucher for this offer from Dunne's that i won't be using if anybody wants it?

Thanks I'd like it if its still available

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oceanwave1

Also looking for a voucher if anyone has one spare. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

oceanwave1 wrote: »

PM details and I'll put my one in the post tomorrow for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Fann Linn wrote: »
    PM details and I'll put my one in the post tomorrow for you.

Gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jdd123456

Does any one have a spare voucher, they're not using?

Advertisement