Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe to park your car around Broombridge station?

Options
  • 28-03-2019 1:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

I started a new job on Adelaide Rd 5 mins walk from Harcourt Luas stop.

So I've been cycling to broombridge from castleknock/ashtown in the mornings and then luas to harcourt.

The last few days I've parked the car outside the broombridge business centre on the Bannow road opposite residential houses.I know residents probably aren't happy seeing strange cars around but I'm not blocking their drive.

I'm no snob! (I'm a nordie) but the area around the station doesn't look like the most desirable place to live. Not to mention some of the people walking around it.

Am I better off cycling over each day and locking the bike at the racks right at the luaus tracks in where it's unlikely it'll be stolen? Worst comes to worst I've got a stolen bike and not a broken into car/stolen!

I was cycling into work directly about 30-35mins but had a few near misses. Plus the time it takes to shower when you're into work and change etc. The commute above means I don't sweat as I'm only on the bike for 10 mins max.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The area is fine.

I park there all the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

John Mason wrote: »
    The area is fine.

I park there all the time

Where do you park or what road on? Are you generally fine as long as you don't park in the way of someone's drive? Just a bit wary that's all!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Clamping is very active in the area so make sure you are parked legally.
    To be honest its a nightmare now with people parking in every space possible. I pass through it a few times during the week and the roads are now so congested since the station opened and even down to the industrial estate, idiots are parking along the side of the road which makes the entrance to this large Industrial Estate, effectively a single lane.

I can see yellow lines appearing soon or at the very least, pay and display.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

kceire wrote: »
    Clamping is very active in the area so make sure you are parked legally.
    To be honest its a nightmare now with people parking in every space possible. I pass through it a few times during the week and the roads are now so congested since the station opened and even down to the industrial estate, idiots are parking along the side of the road which makes the entrance to this large Industrial Estate, effectively a single lane.

I can see yellow lines appearing soon or at the very least, pay and display.

What about cycling along the canal after dark, dodgy? First time cycling home from broombridge yesterday evening and I took the Navan route as opposed to along the canal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

What about cycling along the canal after dark, dodgy?
    lots of gates and dips and bumps so watch out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

CBear1993 wrote: »
    What about cycling along the canal after dark, dodgy? First time cycling home from broombridge yesterday evening and I took the Navan route as opposed to along the canal

Not sure how its been lately but the section of Tolka Valley Park from Finglas to Broombridge has had its fair share of trouble. If its a sunny day there will be scummers out drinking cans. A cyclist was badly assaulted along there a couple of years ago. Its also the scene of a murder a couple of years back. Its fine once you cross over the road to the Ashtown section but before that exercise caution. Tbh I'd just use Ballyboggan road for that section instead, especially after dark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I walk it every day. It's grand these days. Very dark in Winter but it's busy with people walking Broombridge - Ashtown and cycling the canal.

I'll usually go to Ashtown if it's after about 7pm but earlier than that it's fine.

Also due to be upgraded soon.

Generally cycling after dark, it's just too dark though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not sure how its been lately but the section of Tolka Valley Park from Finglas to Broombridge has had its fair share of trouble....

That's not the route under discussion.

Advertisement