Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get through to Eir to cancel contract

• 28-03-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

My father who is 82 has been on the same contract with Eir for donkey years. I finally managed to persuade him to update his contract as his phone bill was coming in at 200 Euros per 2 months. Went to shop got a new eir package but it cant be activated until 30 day notice of cancellation of previous contract. Shop couldn't cancel old contract due to it being so old. They said I should ring customer service to do it. 5 days later I am still trying to contact customer service - BIG delays. 

Meanwhile the new modem line has been installed but due to the contract not being cancelled my father now has a new number and cannot be contacted on the old one. He has had the same number since 1971 so is NOT happy. The temporary number will stay in place until the old contract is cancelled and 30 days have subsequently passed. 

This is unacceptable - both my parents are aged and live in rural Ireland. This is very confusing for them and my mother is very worried about people who might be trying to get in touch with them. As I write this, I am listening to the Eir customer service music on loudspeaker and my head is about to explode,

Please advise,

C. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hello,

My father who is 82 has been on the same contract with Eir for donkey years. I finally managed to persuade him to update his contract as his phone bill was coming in at 200 Euros per 2 months. Went to shop got a new eir package but it cant be activated until 30 day notice of cancellation of previous contract. Shop couldn't cancel old contract due to it being so old. They said I should ring customer service to do it. 5 days later I am still trying to contact customer service - BIG delays. 

Meanwhile the new modem line has been installed but due to the contract not being cancelled my father now has a new number and cannot be contacted on the old one. He has had the same number since 1971 so is NOT happy. The temporary number will stay in place until the old contract is cancelled and 30 days have subsequently passed. 

This is unacceptable - both my parents are aged and live in rural Ireland. This is very confusing for them and my mother is very worried about people who might be trying to get in touch with them. As I write this, I am listening to the Eir customer service music on loudspeaker and my head is about to explode,

Please advise,

C. 
    Hi Johnnypotato

I would need the account holder (due to data-protection laws) to pm me the following details please and I will try my best to help.

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder? 

Regards

Linzi

Advertisement