Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem charges

• 28-03-2019 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I switched from Eir to another broadband provider in January 2019. I talked a couple of times with Eir reps. before making the switch as I wanted to know what steps to take in order to avoid delays or any problems. They told me that I just need to make sure that my 1 year minimum contract was up (which they say it was), and then sign up with the other provider and they would do the rest.

Everything was ok until I received an email saying that I'm liable to pay 59.99eu because I haven't returned the Eir modem.

Sadly, anyone in Eir told me that I should return the modem. I've checked the T&C and, yes, it's written there, but it would have been nice if any of the two agents I talked to had reminded me about this, specially as I was trying to get all the info to make the process as smooth as possible.

Again, I'm willing to return the modem and, in fact, I have already arranged the return with Parcel Motel following the instructions in Eir's website.

I just want to make sure that, as soon as Eir receives the modem, the 59.99eu charge will be waived despite we are outside the 30 days period given to make the return.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

ladyhurt wrote: »
    Hello,

I switched from Eir to another broadband provider in January 2019. I talked a couple of times with Eir reps. before making the switch as I wanted to know what steps to take in order to avoid delays or any problems. They told me that I just need to make sure that my 1 year minimum contract was up (which they say it was), and then sign up with the other provider and they would do the rest.

Everything was ok until I received an email saying that I'm liable to pay 59.99eu because I haven't returned the Eir modem.

Sadly, anyone in Eir told me that I should return the modem. I've checked the T&C and, yes, it's written there, but it would have been nice if any of the two agents I talked to had reminded me about this, specially as I was trying to get all the info to make the process as smooth as possible.

Again, I'm willing to return the modem and, in fact, I have already arranged the return with Parcel Motel following the instructions in Eir's website.

I just want to make sure that, as soon as Eir receives the modem, the 59.99eu charge will be waived despite we are outside the 30 days period given to make the return.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks
    Hi ladyhurt 

Can you pm me the following details please and I will look into this for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi 

Advertisement