Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacation

Options
  • 28-03-2019 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Going on vacation for two weeks. Can I take my One X with me?
    Any issues I need to consider?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'll allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Make sure the country you are going to is the same voltage as here!
    I don't think there's a voltage switch on the Xbox One's transformer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Hehe, thank you, kind sir!

I was curious if other boardsies have done so, and if they encountered any issues. For example: do I need to change the region of the box to the country where I am, or will my games continue to work? I suspect that I will not need to download additional games, but if I did, will I even be able to?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Not something I think I'd risk doing. Leaving aside voltage concerns etc., it's heavy enough to add into your stowed luggage allowance, and a bit bulky to keep your in hand luggage. Would stand to get banged about a fair bit in the hold.

I think there'll be tears in Blackpool when you go to plug it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

i am currently sitting in ciampino airport, waiting for my flight home.
    i took my xbox with me, only thing i needed was a converter for my plug since they use 2 pins over here.
    i had no internet where i was staying but the disc games worked fine. no issue at all

• Advertisement

I usually carry a 4-way socket so that one 2-pin adapter gives me 4 UK-style plugs, for chargers and whatnot.
    I'm pretty sure the One fits snugly in my carry-on luggage, not worried about transportation.

However, all my games are digital, and they require Internet connection to play. This is the one thing I am most worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Where are you going?
    Can you hotspot to your phone's 4G and use your EU data allowance for gaming?
    Make sure all games are up to date before you leave for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

JoyPad wrote: »

However, all my games are digital, and they require Internet connection to play. This is the one thing I am most worried about.

ALL of them do? That's really strange, surely you've a few games you could play that don't require always on internet?

I really wouldn't advise gaming via your phone hotspot, you'll very quickly burn though your data that way.

Not to be a jerk, but is being able to play games on holiday really worth all this hassle and possible expense? If you really can't be without gaming for 2 weeks why not invest in some mobile versions of your games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

JoyPad wrote: »
    I usually carry a 4-way socket so that one 2-pin adapter gives me 4 UK-style plugs, for chargers and whatnot.
    I'm pretty sure the One fits snugly in my carry-on luggage, not worried about transportation.

Your games should work in offline mode, so long as you've got the console designated as your home Xbox.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Your games should work in offline mode, so long as you've got the console designated as your home Xbox.

The only game I play these days is RDR2, which won't start without an Internet connection. I will make it the home xbox, see if this fixes the issue, and then play offline (story mode). Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm going camping tonight for 2 nights. Does anyone know of a way to get a 43 inch tv and an xbox one powered up while in a tent in a field? I don't have a generator, maybe I can power it from the battery of my car? Or if a nearby farmer has an electric fence?

Would the data on my mobile phone be good enough to cover about 14 hours of battle royale over the weekend?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Akrasia wrote: »
    I'm going camping tonight for 2 nights. Does anyone know of a way to get a 43 inch tv and an xbox one powered up while in a tent in a field? I don't have a generator, maybe I can power it from the battery of my car? Or if a nearby farmer has an electric fence?

Would the data on my mobile phone be good enough to cover about 14 hours of battle royale over the weekend?

Just buy enough extension cables, connect them all together, and spool them out the back of your car from your house to your camp site.

Sorted.

CatInABox wrote: »

Many thanks for this, it worked like you said.

Advertisement