Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged twice for transactions

Options
  • 28-03-2019 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have been charged twice for a number of transactions over the past few days while using my debit card, how do I get this money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

Check your account online ...there is a quirk in B O I software and sometimes it appears that you have paid twice.
    However it usually is sorted in a couple of days and the charges adjust like magic any double payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi regina123,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

If you sign in to www.365online.com you can see two lists of transactions. Transactions in Progress, and Completed transactions. If the duplicates remain in Transactions in Progress then they should drop off the system and the funds will return to your account in 3-5 working days.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 7 regina123

Hi Lorna,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have a duplicate transaction from the 1st of March that I’m assuming won’t be refunded with the other duplicates from last week.

How do I get this money back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks regina123 for checking back to us.

If this was a card purchase and would now be in your completed transactions, the retailer can reverse this payment for you. If you make contact with the retailer they can check their records and refund back to your account through your card details.

Any further questions please feel free to get back to us here.

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement