Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Market new 24/7 shop what ya think?

• 29-03-2019 12:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Passes it today has a tacky sign new shop being run by same crowd as Henry so shop deli pizza kebabs taxi rank

Does it fit in with the Milk Market ya think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Ive not been in the other one, but the sign attached to the side of the stonework on the Milk market is very tacky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

No problem with the shop except the sign and the open 24 hours the one in. Henry street is an anti social behavior hotspot even just a hatch would improve this
    Very surprised the Milk Market committee approved this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where on Henry Street is the other shop? Is it the Spar on the corner or some other place?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Where on Henry Street is the other shop? Is it the Spar on the corner or some other place?

Upper Henry street by MovieDrome and Old Stand pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

A 24/7 hour shop with the masses filing out of Icon, Angel Lane, Molly's etc. is only going to end in tears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    A 24/7 hour shop with the masses filing out of Icon, Angel Lane, Molly's etc. is only going to end in tears.

Dunno. There was one plus many taxi offices by savins and the entrance to the George for years and it was never that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

^^^^ A more civilised era back then.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    ^^^^ A more civilised era back then.... ;)

Frankie - taxi to Knocknagoshel, always had us in tears laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭hurpederp

I live near Quik Pick /Day toDay on Henry Street, and I can say it has had no ill-effect on the street at all. The staff in the shop don't take any ****, and the sort of people who cause trouble on the street behave themselves near there rather than risk losing access to the shop. Only issue is the taxis parking badly sometimes but thats a tiny minor issue. A lot of trouble near there is related to McGarry house, nothing to do with the 24/7 shop.

Yes but it’s drawing trouble because it’s open 24/7 tonight
    I’m still surprised the Market are ok with this shop thought they had strict rules on the types of business down there

A 24 hour shop in the centre of town is going to be anti social hotspot

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Yes but it’s drawing trouble because it’s open 24/7 tonight
    I’m still surprised the Market are ok with this shop thought they had strict rules on the types of business down there

A 24 hour shop in the centre of town is going to be anti social hotspot

What trouble is it drawing? I didnt hear of any reports of criminal activity on the news

Well last night about 10.30 drunk students roaring shouting outside.Eating and dropping food and wrappers on the road
    This morning all junkies dealing outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so am i tbh, you have traders on a waiting list for years trying to get a place in the market and now they allow this??? doesn't make sense

is this the Polish shop on the corner?

Well last night about 10.30 drunk students roaring shouting outside.Eating and dropping food and wrappers on the road
    This morning all junkies dealing outside

Were the AGS called?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Were the AGS called?

I don’t know if they were they would be there a lot.So long as it’s out of the shop I say their happy

fryup wrote: »
    so am i tbh, you have traders on a waiting list for years trying to get a place in the market and now they allow this??? doesn't make sense

is this the Polish shop on the corner?

No this was the old nook wine bar think maybe a cafe before that

I don’t know if they were they would be there a lot.So long as it’s out of the shop I say their happy

Dont you think it might have been a bit of a good idea to call them instead of posting about it on boards.ie? Surely if they didnt show up, you might have a case to rant about it.

Advertisement