Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Brake pad recommendations

Options
  • 29-03-2019 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Getting the last few parts together for my latest build and looking for recommendations on brake pads.

Swisstoop in various colour compounds (I’m presuming the colours signify different properties) seem to be the ones recommend a lot, but I’m open to other choices!

Wheels are an Ursus front (which has a different (ceramic?) brake track) and a Chinese carbon rear, I believe their brake surfaces are basalt!

I do want to keep these wheels for a long time hopefully, so am I right in selecting a soft pad so it will wear down the pad as opposed to the brake surface?

It’s a TT bike so not going to be ridden super often, hopefully never in bad weather and on a mostly flat training route!

Advertisement