Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Docklands 5k 2019

• 29-03-2019 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Crusaders AC will host this fast, flat out and back race again on Thursday 20 June this year for the 5th time under the club's stewardship. The race website, with all relevant info, is at www.docklands5k.com. Entry 20 euro + transaction fee. Team entries also available. Registration is via: https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/Docklands5K2019

Hope to see everyone there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Yup great event. I’ll email around the office tomorrow and see about getting a couple of teams together.

If the weather is good on the evening (like in 2017) then it’s a blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Yup great event. I’ll email around the office tomorrow and see about getting a couple of teams together.

If the weather is good on the evening (like in 2017) then it’s a blast!

That's great Seamus, thanks for the support.

If anyone needs any help or assistance with the event, individual or group entry please let us know.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

We'll have a big group from work doing this, as we have the last two years. Hopefully not as warm as last year!!!

44 days to go. Perfect for starting a training plan and making this a goal race.

T-shirt launch and new sponsor unveiled at the weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxIRx5rn7nT/

https://www.docklands5k.com/

Morning!

Just to note that the start time for the race is 19:45, as it is to be corrected on the timing results site. We have to do this to accomodate a production in Bord Gais.

22 days to go.

Registeration will be on the Wednesday and Thursday of the race.

Thanks to all who have entered themselves and teams so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

If you could arrange for it not be quite as hot as the surface of the sun this year, that'd be great, thanks!

Otherwise, nice event :-)

pc11 wrote: »
    If you could arrange for it not be quite as hot as the surface of the sun this year, that'd be great, thanks!

Otherwise, nice event :-)

Absolutely, will lodge an appeal on your behalf. I don't want it too manky either as we'll all be out marshalling. I saw yesterday they are even resurfacing a portion of the route by A&L, you're welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

aquinn wrote: »
    Morning!

Just to note that the start time for the race is 19:45, as it is to be corrected on the timing results site. We have to do this to accomodate a production in Bord Gais.

22 days to go.

Registeration will be on the Wednesday and Thursday of the race.

Thanks to all who have entered themselves and teams so far.

Signed up A, if you can arrange a PB for me that would be great, thanks :D

ReeReeG wrote: »
    Signed up A, if you can arrange a PB for me that would be great, thanks :D

I will roar as loud as I can. No bother to you. A flat, fast 5km.

Thanks for signing up.

They should have pacers too. Will check and revert as soon as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Flat, fast, road resurfacing, pacers, not too hot.... I wish you'd come organise some races in the wesht :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

I'm in. Hoping to relive past 5k glories :)

PACERS!

19, 20, 25 and 30 minutes.

https://www.docklands5k.com/

13 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I’m in too. After a few years of manning the registration desk and/or marshalling, I’m looking forward to finally getting to run this one. :)

Morning,

If you have yet to sign up the deadline for bulk entries is this Fri 14th & online entries is Mon 17th www.docklands5k.com.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yep, yep, yep...

Morning!

Online entry extended to today.

Registration (numbers and t-shirt pickup for those who will not be availing of the mailing arrangement) will be held at Club Vitae in the basement of the Clayton Hotel on Cardiff Lane. Hours will be:

Wednesday 19 June:
    07:00-09:00;
    12:00-14:00 and
    17:00-19:00 two amazing volunteers here anyway so say hi.

Thursday 20 June:
    17:00-19:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

aquinn wrote: »
    Morning!

Online entry extended to today.

Registration (numbers and t-shirt pickup for those who will not be availing of the mailing arrangement) will be held at Club Vitae in the basement of the Clayton Hotel on Cardiff Lane. Hours will be:

Wednesday 19 June:
    17:00-19:00 two amazing volunteers here anyway so say hi.

Thursday 20 June:
    17:00-19:00

I hear there's another amazing volunteer on Thursday at 12!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got my number in the post yesterday. :)

Got my number in the post yesterday. :)

Excellent coming in to collect a t-shirt?

Lifted from the website:

Anyone who has had their number sent out to them by mail is welcome to come into registration and, upon presentation of the number, can get the t-shirt. Otherwise, we'll have tee shirts available after the finish line for those who want to collect them but we can't guarantee size!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well done to all my former Cru clubmates on a super event. And apart from the flawlessly organised race, the after-race setup was terrific too. Great to see the trophies named after Mary Purcell and John Fitzsimons (by far the nicest and most interesting runner I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet). So appropriate. Pure class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Excellent race done by Crusaders and well done on managed to keep the rain off as well. Didn't go as fast as I wanted but what can you do but try.

Bug bear of mine and slightly off thread and no fault of the organizers is the people wearing headphones and looking at their phones to get music working at the start instead of where they're going:mad:. It was announced a good few times to take out your headphones but sure they couldn't hear it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

chinguetti wrote: »
    Excellent race done by Crusaders and well done on managed to keep the rain off as well. Didn't go as fast as I wanted but what can you do but try.

Bug bear of mine and slightly off thread and no fault of the organizers is the people wearing headphones and looking at their phones to get music working at the start instead of where they're going:mad:. It was announced a good few times to take out your headphones but sure they couldn't hear it!

Some of the marshals were shouting at folks just before the start about wearing headphones. There's always going to be a bunch of people wearing headphones despite explicit instructions. I don't think it's great at a busy race to do so, but there'll always be some folks who prefer to wear headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

It would take a brave race to start handing out DQ’s as it could affect entries in future years. I started between the sub 19 and 20 pacers and the was a girl trotting along 100 meters in changing her play list as people streamed past!

Great race as always- seemed to measure a little longer than other years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

sideswipe wrote: »
    It would take a brave race to start handing out DQ’s as it could affect entries in future years. I started between the sub 19 and 20 pacers and the was a girl trotting along 100 meters in changing her play list as people streamed past!

Great race as always- seemed to measure a little longer than other years?

Yeah it was long compare to other years. I was asked by an organiser at the end could he see the distance on the watch, he said it appears it was long looking at the watches. He was gutted.

Looking at the maps from last year, start is in the same location but the finish was further back.

But i would still say it was a great event and the organisers really care about this race.

Plenty of water at the end which was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

sideswipe wrote: »

If one race DQ'ed people for wearing headphones after stating they were banned in the event, it might cop people on some bit but the major hassle the race would draw on itself and the online madness that would ensue means no event will ever do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

It was my first time doing this race in a long time, hats off to Crusaders, what an atmosphere, seamless registration and number collection (collected mine during the week). Great organisation at the start and finish and extra kudos for making the rain stop pre prace :D. Thanks to the marshals around the course, particularly P who pointed me in the direction of much needed water at the finish!!

Advertisement