Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Citizenship) Naturalization as an Irish citizen after Back to Work

Options
  • 29-03-2019 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

First of all, sorry if this is not the right forum, based on the search results, looks like the citizenship questions are mostly asked in this section of Boards.ie)

I have almost six years since I and my wife moved to Ireland and we would like to apply for citizenship.

But I know there are no chances to be approved if you had any governmental support during the last three years. From March 2016 to March 2018 I was on the Back to work program. While this is not exactly welfare, being considered help for building a business, it is still support received from the government.

I just hope one of the readers of this post has some experience in what it means receiving the Back to Work Allowance and if is even worth it applying for citizenship, or I don't have any chance and then I'd better save the money I'd spend on fees.

Thank you for your time and support

Advertisement