Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car off road and insurance

Options
  • 29-03-2019 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Quick question, my cars packed in before christmas cost too much to fix not and not worth doing it and i cant afford to replace at moment. We are currently sharing wifes car and managing fine but i still paying insurance on my old car. Is there any way to cancel insurance without losing no claims 10 years plus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Afaik you can suspend or cancel the policy, and your NCB will not lapse for two years. Check this with your insurer.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

You might be able to pause it for a few months.
    Talk to your insurer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

dave1982 wrote: »
    Quick question, my cars packed in before christmas cost too much to fix not and not worth doing it and i cant afford to replace at moment. We are currently sharing wifes car and managing fine but i still paying insurance on my old car. Is there any way to cancel insurance without losing no claims 10 years plus

Suspend the insurance, and once wife's runs out, resume it and transfer to her vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

grogi wrote: »
    Suspend the insurance, and once wife's runs out, resume it and transfer to her vehicle.

+1 make sure your car is not parked on a public road, take off the disc and bring or post the cert and disc to the insurance company and ask them to suspend the policy.

Advertisement