Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does a communication company not know how to answer the phone?

• 29-03-2019 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

On hold for 50 mins went from customer care to loyalty, think I'm being sent back to customer care. The guy Rob said so what do you want me to do about it. Maybe the call waits are so the can retrain their loyalty staff on what loyalty and customer service means. Another classic quote was will you let me speak for a second. I think that's what I'm meant to say after being on hold for 50 mins? Won't let me speak to a supervisor, won't give me a direct line or his surname. Quality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pywacket

pywacket wrote: »
    On hold for 50 mins went from customer care to loyalty, think I'm being sent back to customer care. The guy Rob said so what do you want me to do about it. Maybe the call waits are so the can retrain their loyalty staff on what loyalty and customer service means. Another classic quote was will you let me speak for a second. I think that's what I'm meant to say after being on hold for 50 mins? Won't let me speak to a supervisor, won't give me a direct line or his surname. Quality.
    It did give my time to text eir chat and get told to ring customer service, also to change my facebook profile pic, tweet eir, catch up on some correspondence, so it's not all bad.

It did give my time to text eir chat and get told to ring customer service, also to change my facebook profile pic, tweet eir, catch up on some correspondence, so it's not all bad.
    Actually it's an hour and eight minutes now. Time flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You won't get much help on here, Eir have deiced to close this forum today. 

tuxy wrote: »
    No way. Thanks for that. That is an irish solution to an irish problem. After 1 hr 23 going from customer service to loyalty to customer service I got cut off. Trying twitter now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

We are sorry for the long wait time.  A few months ago, eir announced that we would bring our customer service back in-house. We’re now more than halfway through that process, which includes recruiting for 750 customer care jobs in our new regional hubs. During this time of change, customers have experienced longer wait times but we’re doing everything we can to minimise the disruption and we're working as hard as possible to get our wait times down. 

Since October, eir has hired and trained 315 new front-line staff across our three new sites and 220 staff have transferred over to eir. Every week more than 40 new care agents complete training and begin taking calls, with performance improving every day. We firmly believe these changes will result in a better experience for eir's customers in the long term, thank you for your patience in the meantime."

• Advertisement

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    We are sorry for the long wait time.  A few months ago, eir announced that we would bring our customer service back in-house. We’re now more than halfway through that process, which includes recruiting for 750 customer care jobs in our new regional hubs. During this time of change, customers have experienced longer wait times but we’re doing everything we can to minimise the disruption and we're working as hard as possible to get our wait times down. 

Since October, eir has hired and trained 315 new front-line staff across our three new sites and 220 staff have transferred over to eir. Every week more than 40 new care agents complete training and begin taking calls, with performance improving every day. We firmly believe these changes will result in a better experience for eir's customers in the long term, thank you for your patience in the meantime."
    I firmly believe you should fire whoever managed that project!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is this the first time Eir has admits to letting go of the outsourced call centre long before they had something to replace it?
    Until now the official line on here was that there had been an ongoing unusually large number of calls for 6 months. 

Advertisement