Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly miscarrying but heartbeat there.

Options
  • 29-03-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this.

I am bleeding but only when i wipe. No pain. Had scan in EPU this morning. 6 weeks pregnant and foetus is 5mm but faint heartbeat there.
    I suppose my question is, has anyone had similiar and gone on to have healthy pregnancy? Have to go back in 10 days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

heldel00 wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this.

I am bleeding but only when i wipe. No pain. Had scan in EPU this morning. 6 weeks pregnant and foetus is 5mm but faint heartbeat there.
    I suppose my question is, has anyone had similiar and gone on to have healthy pregnancy? Have to go back in 10 days.

I had this exact scenario, 6 weeks and had quite a bit of blood (but same as you, no pain or cramps or anything) - went for my scan, all was good. I was petrified after that but long story short, my son will be 1 in 3 weeks :) my pregnancy was fine after the bleed so please try not to worry.
    Funnily enough a friend of mine who was pregnant with almost the same due date as me also had a bleed around 6/7 weeks and her pregnancy was totally normal after that too. It's more common than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

Yes, same thing on both my pregnancies. Kids are school age now.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

My friend had this a few weeks back , exactly the same scenario. She's flying now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I had spotting and bleeding at various stages when I was pregnant with my now 5 year old. We were always told that a heartbeat is reassuring. Will be thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Oh that is so reassuring to hear from you all. Kind of had myself resigned to the fact that this was just gonna happen. Did you do anything to try and prevent ot happening? I know they say there is nothing you can do but even if it was something small I'll try anything.
    I will be able to take a few days off so that will help.

• Advertisement

Take the few days off and have a good rest , was going to say try not to stress but really it's not that easy . Just be nice to yourself and relax . Will be thinking of you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes on all three (now big bouncing 4,2 and almost 1 year olds).I basically just did a lot of sitting and stopped lifting...so that meant no hoover, clothes baskets, shopping bags etc.I did also go to the maternity hospital A&e on all three and was referred on to the epu but you say you've been scanned already??Also was in an internal or external scan?I found internal scans tended to cause a bit of bloody discharge for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Have passed a lot of clots since last post. Think it"s end of road for this pregnancy. I will get scanned again on Monday. Thank you all for replying x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Aw look after yourself heldel.Pregnancy is hard.

Take it easy that's really tough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

thinking of you xxx

Advertisement