Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about External Doorhandle

• 29-03-2019 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I live in rented accommodation and few months ago the external door was replaced. Along with this door a new lock and handle were installed and I'm not sure it's suitable for an external door. Picture of the handle attached.

Kja8EBf.png

Does anyone know if this handle is suitable for an external door? In my experience I'd consider it to be an internal door as it has external facing screws and one of the big, chunky keys that I didn't think was used for external doors.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Yeah the lock is usually used for internal doors. The fact the screws are external facing doesn't mean much(you would still need the key to unlock it) but it's going to be easier to break in than your usual dead lock or multi point locking mechanism.
    If you have contents insurance check your policy, it may say you need a multipoint lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Is the new door heavy? Hopefully its not an internal door too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

You can get those Lock's with a decent dead bolt built into them too.

Yes the handle looks like it might be an internal one but you'd need to see the lock and bolt section too

Advertisement