Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Van Tolls what do i pay

• 29-03-2019 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I have just got a new company Opel Astra car van what tolls price do i pay on this , do i pay as a car or as a van

any help on this would be great.

Thanks
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Van tolls, usually ~50% higher than car. Its connected to tax category not size/shape basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kcummins

i sent an email to Efow and this is what the replied back but i am not sure this is right, i dont want to get a big bill down the road.

"Thank you for your web message, received on 28/03/2019. I have looked into your account XXXXXXXX.

I can see that you have successfully added your new vehicle (191XXXXXXXx Opel Astra) to your account on 29/03/2019.

The vehicle details are supplied by the NVDF (National Vehicle & Driver File) database held by the DVCSD (Driver & Vehicle Computer Services Division) in Shannon.

I can see that, according to the NVDF records, this vehicle is classed as a car (class 2) and journeys will be charged to your account at the rate of €2.10.

If you have any further queries, please get in touch with us using the options below.

Kind regards

eFlow Customer Service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What’s this thread for?

:D

it is a reply from eflow customer services when i asked about what tolls i should be paying

sorry i want to know what toll charges i should be paying for an Opel Astra that has been converted from a car to a car-van

do i pay car toll or van toll prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Not sure I have a fiesta van thats taxed private sometimes I'll be charged commercial sometimes private thats at the exact coins basket if I go through a manned kiosk it can be either as well got into an argument at one kiosk over it and they eventually gave in

i have a eflow tag so i need to make sure i am paying the correct fee so i do not end up getting a bill for incorrectly paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If they charge a tag wrong it's their problem not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

If it's TAXED commercially it'll read your reg as a commercial & charge you such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

If it's taxed as commercial or private it's tolled as commercial regardless.

• Advertisement

so i don't have to do anything to make sure it is charged correctly they should pick it up on the way it is taxed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

It's not connected to the way it has been taxed, it seems somewhat random.

I have driven CDVs for 10 years +, some taxed privately and some commercially. Have been charged van rates in person, the coin basket always looks for car rate.

Advertisement