Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company says I must deal with Debt collection company

Options
  • 29-03-2019 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have been away for last few months. Before I left, I made some online purchases. When I returned, I found a small forest of letters from one of the companies that delivered one of my purchases. The letters are invoices for Duty and Tax. I believe there is an error in the invoice, the tax is calculated in CAD and then they added to an Advancement fee, the total is in euro. I rang them today to confirm if this was an error and pay what needs to be paid. When I rang the girl told me I must deal with a different department. I asked was this a 3rd party and then she told me it was a debt collection company.

I don’t really want to deal with this debt collection company. I just want to clarify the amount I must pay is correct and pay it, but they said I must deal with this debt collection company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tell the debt collectors you dispute the amount and they'll usually fire it back to the company, they don't want to get involved in those fights

Advertisement