Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's go Racing ?

• 29-03-2019 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭

K Capital Cup Round 2, Bunclody, 7th April 2019

Racing795 has a thrilling course lined up for 7th April, with some testing climbs and all the classic singletrack you know and love from our previous XC events.

The lap is approximately 7km. “A” riders will do 3 laps while the “Bs” will do 2 laps. Preliminary timings suggest that race duration will be similar to Belmont, i.e. in the ballpark of 1hr 30mins for most riders.

https://racing795.com/?fbclid=IwAR0XsxOokTvsMXeJ_bdt7D5JdNKZ_3lj2nvjgdL-VsX4JhEiqybgJpMUb4I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Already signed up. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Should be great, i've been down in Bunclody before and the club down there really put on a great event and the trails are mint...!

Worth it for the chance to ride your bike somewhere different...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Bummed to be missing this round. Really enjoyed(I think?) Belmont. It made up for the lack of mud all CX season. Have a week in Mallorca and back just in time for round 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shotgun Sister

All signed up and can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Signed up too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭prunudo

Not sure if this is just a K cup specific or general racing thread but saw this on Facebook so thought I'd post it anyway as might be of interest to some. Cross country race in Djouce woods on April 14th.

https://www.facebook.com/554007481332902/posts/2150480545018913/

That race on the 14th in Djouce is the final round of the K Cap Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭prunudo

That race on the 14th in Djouce is the final round of the K Cap Cup.

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Lads and ladies, as part of the organising club for Sunday's race I can tell you that you're in for a treat
    Luckily our terrain is good so not too worried about the recent rain, did a few laps this evening (in the snow) and it's riding great
    Saturday and Sunday look fine anyway

The lap itself is stacked full of singletrack - there are two quite hard technical climbs with lots of switchbacks, but the reward is fast flowing singletrack!
    As a guide - I'm a middle of the pack B racer, and I was 45 mins per lap this evening
    We'll be taking entries on the day if there anyone misses the online sign-on
    And don't worry if you don;t have a licence, we aren;t charging anything extra for one day licences!

XC child #1 and I will be there, worked out I last raced there 7 years ago._. Disaster of a race losing crank arms and the like.

Loving the extra time older kids give you after too long being a slave to their every whim.

U14s have the same lap as seniors?

• Advertisement

saccades wrote: »

U14s have the same lap as seniors?

No, its a shorter lap for the u14's , cutting out the hardest technical climb and trickiest descent

As a guide, my own young lad is an everage u14 and he''l probably lap between 20-25mins depending on what humour he's in!

See map at this link: https://racing795.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/mtb2019.jpg

That was a class event - ace trails, great marshalling and someone remembered to order the sun!

Big thanks to Racing 795 for doing such an ace job.

Nice to get a podium in the family too, I'll have to live my racing career vicariously in the best traditions of ott parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Thought that was a brutally tough course. Wasn't feeling it in the legs at all during warm-up and they didn't warm up once the race started. The steep, switchback-riddled climbs just sucked any energy I had. Just couldn't find any rhythm at all on the ups. A shame really as the descents were class. Ended up bailing after one lap so I wouldn't be holding up the A race during my second lap. Fair play to everyone who toughed it out.

Well done all.

Yes indeed, a tough course - in the traditional xc sense - thanks to everyone for coming!

Now that 24 hours has passed:

That race was deaaaaaaaaaaaadly! Oh my god, the course was unreal. My lungs and legs were screaming for most of it. I had to stop to almost throw up..... twice. It was my first XC race in about five years and it was about a zillion times harder than I rememberd. (Must've blacked all that XC pain and suffering from my memory in the intervening years.)

There were some pretty techy climbs, lovely descents and very little fire road to actually catch a breath on. It was perfect.

Racing795 really know how to put on a race. What was noticeable was the huge amount of smiling marshals and onlookers - every one of whom had a cheer of enouragement as we passed. What a great atmosphere. Mid-way through my first lap, I had decided this wasn't for me, had nothing in the legs, and was planning to drop out once I got back to the start. Just as I headed into the second last section, a little kid shouted "Never, ever give up!" and he sounded so sincere I was all like feck it, he's right, and somehow managed to going. Really glad I did, had an enormous sense of achievement just for finishing. Defo Type 2 fun!

After the race, there were loads of chats and cake and laughs, and it was great to see lots of people I hadn't seen in years, and to meet a bunch of new ones. A brilliant day out.

The last XC race organised by 795 yearrrrs ago is still talked about amongst my usual riding crew (that post-race curry!). This one is definitely one to remember too.

Thanks for all the hard work in organsing.

Fabulous! Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the kind words

Yes, the curry is still talked about - we certainly made our mark that day

EPIC MTB are running the 3rd and final round of the K-Cap series in Djouce this Sunday the 14th.

And with the 1st round of the XC NPS now cancelled, this is your chance to get the XC bike out and go ride one of the best MTB courses in Ireland!

EPIC MTB has a thrilling course lined up for 14th April,
    The lap is approximately 7.5km. “A” Race will be 3 laps while the “B” Race will be 2 laps.
    Grassy glens, Fast forest runs, Off Camber sections. All with a good sprinkle of juicy Djouce roots to test your skill and put a smile on your face.
    Preliminary timings suggest that race duration will be similar to Belmont and Bunclody i.e. 1hr 30mins for most riders.
    Learn more about the series at the K Capital Cup 2

Timetable for the day.
    Sign-on from 9:30
    10:30 – U6 & Strider race
    10:45 – U8 race
    11:00 – U10 race
    11:15 – U12 race
    12:30 – A/B/Youth/Ladies races
    Location Djouce Woods

Catering Woodbrook Coffee will be on site to keep everybody well fed and watered

And if XC is not your bag, go for some DH action in Carrick!!

http://irishdownhillseries.com/events.html

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Big entries for Carrick already being reported 200+

Peter T wrote: »
    Big entries for Carrick already being reported 200+

That's a good thing for Irish DH racing, I know the numbers have been low in previous years...

• Advertisement

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    EPIC MTB are running the 3rd and final round of the K-Cap series in Djouce this Sunday the 14th.

And with the 1st round of the XC NPS now cancelled, this is your chance to get the XC bike out and go ride one of the best MTB courses in Ireland!

Was up at Djouce today, so dry!

And the track EPIC are using is amazing, new singletrack and all, should be a great race!

Advertisement