Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends Boxing 29/3 (Cummings v Keeler, Donovan v McAfee, Smith v Eggington etc)

Options
  • 29-03-2019 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭

Some decent cards on Irish shores for a change this weekend.

Donovan v McAfee on TG4 from the stadium tomorrow.

Keeler v Cummings II from the Ulster Hall tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Good fight this. Cummings badly cut in the 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Enjoying Cummins Keeler here

Decent scrap, have keeler on points backed

Think Keeler is getting very tired here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Morrison J wrote: »
    Think Keeler is getting very tired here.

Seems to be flagging a bit hes blessed its 10 rds not 12, lucky not to have a point or two off too

Much more like it there. Mad how much Keeler has improved under Pete Taylor. His feet especially.

• Advertisement

Not sure where Cummings goes from here. Been really disappointed with his pro career.

Hopefully Keeler goes on to get some of that US money. Plenty of middleweights to go around over there.

Link to the boxing from the stadium tonight

https://twitter.com/SportTG4/status/1112025129238831105?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Undercard of the Liverpool fight night is free on youtube

Tom Farrell is in a good battle now, very open exciting fight.

Free undercard pulled after the Tom Farrell fight. I thought we might at least see David Price against that taxi driver.

Pretty smart stuff from Davies Jr using his size advantage and leaning on Hughes. Starting to take control of this fight now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I had Hughes by 1 but can't argue with a close Davies Jr win either. 118-110 is a joke.

Price on now, looks terrible so far.

Better 3rd by Price. Did Ali bite him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Johner wrote: »
    Better 3rd by Price. Did Ali bite him?

Looked like it, scumbag. He looks bolloxed as well.

Ali is a dirty bastard, will be DQ'd soon.

Ali is a dirty bastard, will be DQ'd soon.

I hope price sparks him before he manages to get himself DQd

Does Price have 10 rounds in him? They heavy breathing has started.

Dirty **** bit him again

pac_man wrote: »
    Ali looks like a fighter that doesn't want to be in there.

He's just a scumbag.

Price has such an incredible physique, but always looks so terrified to be in there.

What a farce this is. Certainly wont help Price get another big fight either way, that's for sure.

pac_man wrote: »
    No need for it alright but he was frustrated from the start. Bit of a stupid move because Price didn't look too hot in that last round.

Fight wasn't actually going too bad for him as we know Price would gas and was beginning to. Shame he resorted to that.

• Advertisement

Price has such an incredible physique, but always looks so terrified to be in there.

What a farce this is. Certainly wont help Price get another big fight either way, that's for sure.

Yeah his size in there he should be bullying people but he's always on the back foot it's mad.

Fight wasn't actually going too bad for him as we know Price would gas and was beginning to. Shame he resorted to that.

Ridiculous, as he always had a chance at chinning him and winning the damned thing. Like the one punch knockout he had in his last fight.

David Price - Dave Allen would be interesting enough at this stage, providing Allen gets by Browne.

David Price - Dave Allen would be interesting enough at this stage, providing Allen gets by Browne.

Was just thinking the same when I saw Dave Allen in the crowd. I think Dave Allen has too much bottle though. Dave Allen will be there for twelve rounds and probably catch him with a big right hand. He's a messer for sure, but when he's in the ring he is durable.

I can't wait to see Allen KO Browne.

Froch is just looking at the video and thinking "Jaysus, I'm glad to be out of this, could you imagine if somebody sank their teeth in to my 40 grand nose and me just after getting it waxed"

Was just thinking the same when I saw Dave Allen in the crowd. I think Dave Allen has too much bottle though. Dave Allen will be there for twelve rounds and probably catch him with a big right hand. He's a messer for sure, but when he's in the ring he is durable.

Would definitely feel the same. Allen went the distance with Whyte and late with Ortiz and Yoka. Late stoppage for Allen for me and would probably be decent value.

Would definitely feel the same. Allen went the distance with Whyte and late with Ortiz and Yoka. Late stoppage for Allen for me and would probably be decent value.

Feel bad for Price though. I see the abuse he gets online, slagging him about his chin. But to keep coming back to the ring after the bad knockouts he's had, he's got some bottle. I just wish he showed some of that when he's actually in the ring. Like I said above he just looks paralyzed by fear when he's in the ring. And with the size of him, it's his opponent who should be paralyzed by fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

No Kash Ali
    Gnash Ali

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Jonas looks in terrible shape.

Advertisement