Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ditching Ulsterbank for N26

• 29-03-2019 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So ulsterbank sent me a letter a couple of weeks ago that they were going to start charging me. I googled what other banks are offering and found N26 was offering free banking. So I signed up and within a week I had my debit card.

However... Despite them being approved and regulated by ECB and Irish Authorities I have had a lot of difficulties trying to get merchants and employer to accept my IBAN. Its only when I send them the legislation and show they are breaking the law that they put things in place.

Anyone else had problems? It seems there is a cosy banking cartel in Ireland.

One good point. Credit Unions have no problems working with N26 and you can get same day transfers of money to you N26 account for free. And lodge cash and cheques.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

You may have a problem getting paid into it but all companies should accept it for direct debits. In a lot of cases you have to send a written instruction for this.

I'm using them but I get paid into a KBC joint account with my wife. Just closed my Ulsterbank accounts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I'm in the process of switching from Ulster Bank to N26, my employer said the new N26 account would be no problem. The only thing I am wondering, will I get paid at the exact same time or will there be a delay because the account is in Germany?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I'm in the process of switching from Ulster Bank to N26, my employer said the new N26 account would be no problem. The only thing I am wondering, will I get paid at the exact same time or will there be a delay because the account is in Germany?

There should be no delay. It might even be faster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

There's a big thread on it here. The people there are recording their progress: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057540573

Advertisement