Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pennyworth - US-Pace- Epix (**Spoilers**)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well now that final scene was a bit of a surprise this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Well now that final scene was a bit of a surprise this week.

Just saw this pls tell me it's not finished, haven't been able to get hold of the last 2 episodes so don't know WTF is happening, really enjoyable one of the few shows my 18 and I actually love that and resident alien

Two episodes left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Two episodes left.

Thank God

• Advertisement

The Adam West Batmobile.

That's how to stop a bomb :)

It's a
    Girl
    :eek:

British
    Bane

Great end to the season I really hope it's renewed for a 3rd season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭corkie

Bruce Wayne (Batman)
    didn't have siblings?
    so which Earth is Pennyworth based on?
    The Wayne family history on Earth-Thirty-Two is very similar to the Earth-One Wayne family above, but with one addition: on Earth-Thirty-Two, Bruce Wayne had an older brother, Thomas Wayne, Jr.. When Bruce was an infant, Martha and Thomas Jr.
    Or is the child going to die next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Just finished episode 6 of series 2. I like that Alfie is becoming more and more unlikeable; at the start of all this I said this felt like a Bond-style reboot. Alfie's present callousness is making his character more fleshed out and interesting (knowing his future role in advance).

Pennyworth looks like it will move from Epix to HBO Max for season 3.

After two seasons on Epix, DC origin series series Pennyworth is plotting a move to HBO Max for a potential third season.
    I hear negotiations between Epix and Pennyworth producer Warner Bros. TV are still ongoing, and they involve hammering out a deal for the existing two seasons of the show, which premiered on Epix, to also be available on HBO Max. Reps for Epix, WBTV and HBO Max declined comment.

The development is not surprising. Pennyworth was sold to MGM-owned Epix months before WBTV parent WarnerMedia announced plans to launch its own streaming service, which became HBO Max. Existing originals on Warner Bros. TV Group’s platform DC Universe, including Harley Quinn and Titans, migrated to HBO Max, which was billed as a premium home for DC programming with an extensive upcoming slate of high-profile series such as Peacemaker, Green Lantern, Untitled Gotham City Police Department project, set in the same world as Pennyworth, and DC Superhero High.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/pennyworth-move-epix-hbo-max-dc-origin-series-1234748840/

If this started off as tongue-in-cheek in season 1, such as a likely lad shagging the queen, season 2 has ended in being preposterous, but still managing to be great fun The penultimate episode even had an Empire Strikes Back-style
    Darth Vader piss-take "Join me" scene
    , which was very amusing, but the
    super-soldier
    final scene in the last episode doesn't bode well for season 3 for me. Pity; I've really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, but it looks like it might be going into DC-proper territory now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season 3 coming to HBO Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pennyworth Renewed for Season 3, Moving From Epix to HBO Max

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

ppl talk about for all mankind being the most underappreciated show on tv but i think this is it.

maybe it'll get its due now

Cracking opening 3 episodes to season 3.

Cool cool cool.

i hadn't realised there was an added sub-title ... but seriously?

Well now granddad Wayne getting shot dead in an alley by his son who himself gets shot in an alley in front of his son creating Batman.

Beth getting a heroes ending as well.

Although season 3 looked to be only touching on the 'mutant' route in the first 2 episodes, episode 3 brought it there directly. Obviously the direction is to colour this world as belonging to the same as the future Gotham City that we know, but I would much to prefer to have this as only a background feature, so good to see it takes a backseat in episode 4.

The escapades of Alfred and Dave-boy are like a precursor to a Batman and Robin combo at the moment, reminiscent of The Avengers, as in Steed and Purdy (though I doubt Dave-boy would appreciate the comparison), particularly with the mind-control story-line. Big bad villain as nasty rogue CIA agent falling a bit cartoonish, as is the pantomime baddy Dr Glub. Season seems to be just chugging along.

A good season all over however not sure now if it will get renewed with the new DC head honchos taking over.

• Advertisement

Wayne Manor and Gotham City making brief appearances, as well as more reference to human hybrids, as the series gears up to Gotham settings. Bet's demise probably part of this transition, with Salt's demise seeming like an afterthought shoed in to square this off. Quite the eventful episode. Thomas Wayne's motivations in killing his father intriguing; no longer apparently the goody two-shoes, but I'd imagine he'll justify it as for the greater good, where the ends justifiy the means.

So-so season. Gone too silly for me I think. Overall, enjoyable as diverting entertainment, but gone too pantomimey, as feared. The very last scene felt like a paint-by-numbers effort to fill in the reasons - as part of an emotional arc - as to why Alfie ended up as Batman's butler.

Advertisement