Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No product images on Ebay

Options
  • 29-03-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭

This is a unusual issues (if the problem is at my end).

I'm accessing ebay on my windows pc and I don't see any product images on any listings whatsoever.

It can't be a browser issue as I've tried 3 different browsers all with the same problem.

Is anyone else having this issue on their laptop or Pc or Mac using whatever browser?

This has been ongoing for the last few days, initially I assumed the problem is on the ebay server side but given it's been a few days it must be on my end as they would have sorted it by now you'd imagine. I haven't installed any new software that would block anything, so yea bit odd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

No issues on Win8.1 eBay.ie, .uk, .us on Mozilla or IE

Can you try on other device?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Thanks for checking smuggler. Just tried a browser on android tablet and same issue. Ebay apps work fine though.

My devices get internet from my smartphone via hotspot. I'm currently using an old fone i haven't used for years as I lost my good fone a few days ago. I think this is causing the problem somehow. I'll have to investigate whats on the old fone to see what's causing this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

hmmm...try reboot it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Agree with the smuggler. Is the old phone 3G or 4G? It might make a difference.

It's 4G but i use 3g cause it overheats and shuts down on 4g so i leave it at 3g only. Don't see what that would have to do with it, my 3g is actually quite good.

Deleted a good few apps but no change. It's a Chinese knock off of a OnePlus that I bought on gearbest 4 years ago. I hope there is no hidden malware on it.

I suppose I'll be getting a new phone in due course so it's not now critical I figure this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

AllForIt wrote: »
    It's 4G but i use 3g cause it overheats and shuts down on 4g so i leave it at 3g only. Don't see what that would have to do with it, my 3g is actually quite good.

Deleted a good few apps but no change. It's a Chinese knock off of a OnePlus that I bought on gearbest 4 years ago. I hope there is no hidden malware on it.

I suppose I'll be getting a new phone in due course so it's not now critical I figure this out.

Have you tried the tablet or computer on some other wifi connection.....work/neighbours/Starbucks?

The reason I asked this and the prev question is that my old mifi device died and had to use an old cheapy phone as a hotspot until I could afford a new 4G router. Anyway, the old phone did work fine as a hotspot and the tested speeds were good but a lot of stuff was.... "laggy" if I set it to 4G. Graphics were extremely slow to load and videos were constantly buffering. If I used 3G, it wasn't too bad but still slower than it should be.

Sorted the issue.

My fone had AdAway installed. I updated the hosts files (wouldn't have been updated for years since I last used it), and after this update ebay working again.

thanks!

/thread.

Advertisement