Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logitech Harmony elite

• 29-03-2019 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone help me with the following, looking at the "logitech harmony elite" universal remote control.
    1. Does it work well/any issues with a UPC box?
    2. How do you type a channel number into it? Assuming its via the screen - is it fiddly?
    3. Does the screen display logos for the TV stations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭dam099

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone help me with the following, looking at the "logitech harmony elite" universal remote control.
    1. Does it work well/any issues with a UPC box?
    2. How do you type a channel number into it? Assuming its via the screen - is it fiddly?
    3. Does the screen display logos for the TV stations?

Its a while since I had the UPC box, but if its the Horizon one it mostly worked, a couple of direct access commands that are apparently RF only didn't but generally could be worked around.

Channel numbers are via the screen (you may have to swipe to 2nd or 3rd screen if you have favourites set up)

Yes it will display logos for channels set as favourites in a Watch TV activity

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rambunctious1

I gave up on it and sent it back for this very reason. It's a great piece of kit and Harmony support were more than helpful but those few missing Horizon buttons, drove me mad. Obviously not Harmony's fault and they provided a workaround by mapping alternative commands needed through the Horizon menu. I'd say most people could live with the annoyance but the OH got fed up with it and would resort to the Horizon remote, despite me trying to hide it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭rob w

Which commands in particular didn't work well?

Advertisement