Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card declined???

Options
  • 30-03-2019 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am only 17 and my parents set up my account, i recently put £20 into my account, and got paid another £22. 
    I have tried to purchase a game add on and i was told i could not because i didn't have the necessary funds (The add on was £15.99 by the way) ??? I purchased a subscription that costed £8.06 this morning, but i should surely have another £40 left as i already had £8 in my account before i put the £20 in.

(Also, i was hoping i would be able to get my 365 login details, i don't know them because my mum and dad set it up for me in 2012. I have everything bar my user ID)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

eoinlemon wrote: »
    I am only 17 and my parents set up my account, i recently put £20 into my account, and got paid another £22. 
    I have tried to purchase a game add on and i was told i could not because i didn't have the necessary funds (The add on was £15.99 by the way) ??? I purchased a subscription that costed £8.06 this morning, but i should surely have another £40 left as i already had £8 in my account before i put the £20 in.

(Also, i was hoping i would be able to get my 365 login details, i don't know them because my mum and dad set it up for me in 2012. I have everything bar my user ID)

Hi Eoinlemon,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

You mentioned you got paid another €22 - can I ask when this payment was made to your account. It is difficult to see why it is being declined if the funds are there.

Can I ask you to call our free phone number on 1800 946 156 to get your User ID and password reset for 365 online banking. Then when that is done ask to be put through to a customer service advisor to check balance on your account.

Many Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoinlemon

eoinlemon wrote: »

Hi Eoinlemon,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

You mentioned you got paid another €22 - can I ask when this payment was made to your account. It is difficult to see why it is being declined if the funds are there.

Can I ask you to call our free phone number on 1800 946 156 to get your User ID and password reset for 365 online banking. Then when that is done ask to be put through to a customer service advisor to check balance on your account.

Many Thanks

John
    Hi John,

The payment came through on Thursday the 28th of March, but i got my payslip on Monday the 25th of March.

I will make sure to phone that number as soon as I can.

I feel like because i tried to purchase the add on and other online purchases by the name of 'Viamo' multiple times that it may have looked suspicious possibly? However, I just could not understand as to why I wasn't being allowed to pay.

Is it possible that my account has been frozen or suspended because of this?

Many thanks,

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Did someone lodge a cheque to your account? If so, the cheque would have to clear before you could take the money

Advertisement