If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 50 - 55'' for 700-800 euro?

Options
  • 30-03-2019 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a new TV but no zilch about them, wondering if u have recommendations for the above?. . would be good for it to have WiFi, rte player etc...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jobless wrote: »
    Looking to get a new TV but no zilch about them, wondering if u have recommendations for the above?. . would be good for it to have WiFi, rte player etc...
    Hi jobless,

Thanks for the post.

Around that price there are a couple of TVs I would recommend. The first would be the Panasonic TX55FX700 at 739 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203240-panasonic-tx55fx700b-55-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-led-tv.aspx

A great TV with a great panel, wifi built in, Freeview Play and featuring Google Home and Alexa it's a great TV for the price.

Moving up in price I would also recommend the LG 55SK8100 at 799 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

This TV has an upgraded display over the Panasonic with LGs Nano Crystal display. This gives great colour and brightness with a wide viewing angle as well as a wide range of HDR formats supported such as Dolby Vision. It also has a very high refresh rate meaning it's smoother for moving images. The smart hub is also very user friendly and includes Freeview Play which is a 7 day catch up service for up to 60 TV channels.

Let me know if either of these are of interest to you.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks David, ill take a look and get back to you,

can these be wall mounted?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi jobless,

yes any of those can be wall-mounted and if you are buying them online there is a 20% off the bracket deal if you purchase it at the same time as the TV - The LG is a super TV - but if it was me and I know this is pushing your budget I would upgrade slightly and go for the LG 55 SK 8500 series - this is only €50 more expensive at €849 but has better audio and more importantly it has Full Array Local Dimming which makes the picture significantly better:
    https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55SK8500PLA?returnFlag=Y

We don't publish it online at the €849 price but we do have them available from stock and the €849 price includes delivery and of course our 6 Year TV warranty.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Hi guys, I got my wall measurements wrong, do you do any of those TVs as 45,46 inch? If not what would u recommend in that range

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi jobless,

45/46" would not be a standard size for most manufacturers at the moment  - standard sizes tend to be 40/43/49/55" - and of course don't forget that these dimensions are measured across the screen diagonally - if you need any specific model measurements just drop us a line and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.