Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaping in Cork

Options
  • 31-03-2019 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We bought a house a year ago which had been rented out so back garden had no love for years.

I've brought it as far as I can but it's just over run with moss and weeds. I want it gone and a new lawn planted.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a landscaper in Cork who could do it, we also need a flower bed built up and maybe advice on a tree or two.

Anybody have an idea of cost? The garden is about 30m x 17m relatively flat, not boggy so don't need drainage I don't think. Access isnt great (side access is restricted in width)

PMs welcome. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

was just about to post looking for a landscaper in Cork but saw this post so I hope the OP doesn't mind me hopping in! I'd appreciate any recommendations here too please or by PM

Yeah, I'd followed this thread too hoping for a few recommendations. Tumbleweed so far (much like my garden)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

PM sent to opening poster. Maybe post a description of what you want to get done by the landscaper you are looking for. Some jobs might need specific machinery to be done efficiently ...

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Yup, in fairness to Macraignil, he PM'd me and weve met up. Give a bit of detail an you'll have more luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Good point macraignil, I'm after attaching a photo of the back. On the right we're hoping to get someone who could do something with the slope, tidy it up or something. Just next to that is a lot of stones so possibly some sort of plants in here. Then far left, tidy the bit by the wall and make it ready for planting flowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

bungaro79 wrote: »
    Good point macraignil, I'm after attaching a photo of the back. On the right we're hoping to get someone who could do something with the slope, tidy it up or something. Just next to that is a lot of stones so possibly some sort of plants in here. Then far left, tidy the bit by the wall and make it ready for planting flowers.

Made a video play list of shrubs in my own garden if you are looking for ideas for what plants might be worth putting on that slope.

Advertisement