Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainstay Length -V- Chain Length

Options
  • 31-03-2019 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

I stripped my previous bike (Felt F5) which has a 405mm chainstay length and fitted the groupset on an S-Works Roubaix frameset which has a 415mm long Chainstay. I didn’t lengthen the chain. On my Felt F5 the big/big combo worked flawlessly without rattle or noise whereas now it’s a bit noisy. I don’t use big/big combo that often but at times it just suits rather than dropping 2 or 3 cogs and dropping to the small ring. Anyway I’m guessing adding another link would be ideal however I don’t have one but I do have spare quick connectors and adding one of those should do the job (I already have one on the chain but I’d split the chain on the opposite side and add another one) Or would I be better just buying a new chain? The current chain has around 1000kms in it so still has plenty of life left in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Just realised that adding quick link won’t lengthen the chain, I’d have to add another link somehow to make up the 10mm difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If it shifts it's long enough. Maybe there's another reason for the noise.

Advertisement