Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Caherdavin Post Office closed?

• 31-03-2019 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all,

I just wanted to make a quick post to see if anyone knew whether or not the post office in Caherdavin was closed at the minute. I'm a student at LIT, and I have a package that needs to be posted tomorrow. When I was taking the bus to go home on Friday, I noticed that the post office looked boarded up. Does anyone know whether or not it's open?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Hey all,

I just wanted to make a quick post to see if anyone knew whether or not the post office in Caherdavin was closed at the minute. I'm a student at LIT, and I have a package that needs to be posted tomorrow. When I was taking the bus to go home on Friday, I noticed that the post office looked boarded up. Does anyone know whether or not it's open?

Many thanks in advance!

The Caherdavin Post Office is now located next to Whittys Mace supermarket across the road from Advance Pitstop. It was previously next to Ivan's on the Ennis Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DylanMurphy678

chicorytip wrote: »
    The Caherdavin Post Office is now located next to Whittys Mace supermarket across the road from Advance Pitstop. It was previously next to Ivan's on the Ennis Road.

I know that's where it is. I noticed that it looked boarded up as I was leaving on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

I know that's where it is. I noticed that it looked boarded up as I was leaving on Friday.

Sadly it is now gone according to An Post Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

That's strange. I was in there myself on Wednesday. Ardnacrusha P.O. closed recently as well without prior notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

chicorytip wrote: »
    That's strange. I was in there myself on Wednesday. Ardnacrusha P.O. closed recently as well without prior notice.

Yeah Mary St post office was ****ing hectic all week with queues constantly out the door, well they were anytime I went up but thankfully they don't seem to close for lunch anymore but informed nobody so it's like a ghost town between the hours of 1pm-2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

According to various links, it is open tomorrow.

Why don't you give them a buzz:

Address:
    Caherdavin Post Office
    Caherdavin Shopping Centre
    Ennis Road
    Limerick
    V94 TC59

Opening Hours:
    Mon 09:00 - 13:00 14:00 - 17:30
    Tue 09:00 - 13:00 14:00 - 17:30
    Wed 09:00 - 13:00 14:00 - 17:30
    Thu 09:00 - 13:00 14:00 - 17:30
    Fri 09:00 - 13:00 14:00 - 17:30
    Sat 09:00 - 13:00

Latest Time of Posting:
    16:30

Phone:
    061-451506

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have you a link (or any other evidence) to back that up? I can see absolutely nothing on the official An Post Twitter account about a closure in Caherdavin.

OP, there might be some boards up on the windows facing the Ennis Road, next to Mace, but the unit opening onto Derravarragh Road should still be in operation.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Link..... otherwise stop spamming pls

Thanks all for sharing. I'll try giving them a call in the morning to see what's up. Will give an update if it's anything of significance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

Maybe its an April Fool joke,I have just left the post office and it was open and with people being served.There is an unopened unit next to the post office for some time,maybe this was the mistake made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

There is a small unit at the front of the Post office, it is unused and 'boarded up',

The entrance to the PO is on the left hand side,

Hey all, sorry I forgot about this post for a few days.

I went on Monday and all was normal. The above post is right, there is a unit beside it that is closed but has some An Post signage above it. That was my first time at that post office, so I didn't realize from a distance last week that it was a different unit. False alarm. Sorry if I caused anyone any confusion.

Advertisement