Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exaggerated Previous Salary

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Keyzer wrote: »
    I know a guy who did this years ago.

He was sacked 45 mins after he started his new job for falsifying his job application.

I've been abused for pointing out the same

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭fungie

You negotiate your salary with your new employer. Your previous salary is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Keyzer wrote: »
    I know a guy who did this years ago.

He was sacked 45 mins after he started his new job for falsifying his job application.

More difficult to get caught out on his now, since the P45/P60's are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

More difficult to get caught out on his now, since the P45/P60's are gone.

An employer will still see your pay and tax for the current year to date on your RPN, so it doesn’t make a difference that P45s are no more. There would never have been a situation where you’d give an employer your P60.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

fungie wrote: »
    You negotiate your salary with your new employer. Your previous salary is irrelevant.

Exactly your previous salary shouldn't be a determining factor in what the new employer is looking to pay.

New employer should pay the salary that they value the position at, not the cheapest they can. Pay cheap you get cheap. People find out that similar roles pay more they'll either demand more or leave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement