Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alpharooms - Advertising room as Self Catering

Options
  • 31-03-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Booked a self catering break for 2 weeks in June in a 4 star hotel. My booking confirmation states it is Self Catering and on alpharooms it says self catering means you have catering facilities in your room.

I checked with the hotel and turns out there are no catering facilities in the room.

In correspondence with Alpharooms atm and my side is that i feel because they stated something was what it is not, i want to swap hotel free of charge. However the only alternatives they are giving is a 2 star (instead of 4) miles away from original location.

I am dealing with a friendly representative on facebook but keep getting calls from the call centre asking me to switch to a 2 star ****ty hotel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If there aren’t any comparable properties nearby, then they should refund you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Does not sound like OP wants a refund?

One should be forthcoming, if you need to rebook .But they cannot offer you accommodation that they don't have. Push for refund, use competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Does not sound like OP wants a refund?

One should be forthcoming, if you need to rebook .But they cannot offer you accommodation that they don't have. Push for refund, use competitor.

Thanks

I'm willing to downgrade to the alternative 2 star accomodation however its 80 euro more expesive. I dont feel i should have to pay extra for their misinformation but if they swap it for free ill be happy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

Did you book a package with Alpharooms?

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/travel/package-holidays/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

No i did not book a package. Just the hotel like I usually do..

Anyway they've came back after a week with a fairly ****ty answer.

'You can cancel for free up until 25th May 2019 or we will switch your booking to a 2 star hotel but it will cost you €150 extra than your original booking'

Despite them being the ones that advertised the room incorrectly as a self catering room. And despite me having to now downgrade!

Not the end of the world but fairly ****ty on their part. Ah expected of these booking sites though...

I pity someone who doesn't bother to check with the hotel themselves.. As someone expecting self catering accomodation could get a big shock when they arrive with no facilities in a small hotel room...

• Advertisement
Advertisement