Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heart / head!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

When I seen the thread title I knew this would be a post asking about an Alfa Romeo =)

147 is a fine car , build on the same platform as the GT and 156...the 1.9 JTDM engine is a good one with decent power and NM to keep you entertained , no real reliability issues bar the standard check lists for any car of that mileage.

Timing belt has just been done which is great , interior and exterior condition look good from the pictures and it's got a decent amount of extras plus it's rare ducati model , good price.

Yep I'd go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I knew that car will pop up here sooner or later. :)

I personally love it. Very rare and cool looking car. I wonder if it looks as clean in person as on pictures.
    Mileage is high and they say Alfas can't last at all. :) One way or another, it's a car, that you will buy now and I doubt you will be able to sell it again, unless you will find another Alfa junky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I knew that car will pop up here sooner or later. :)

I personally love it. Very rare and cool looking car. I wonder if it looks as clean in person as on pictures.
    Mileage is high and they say Alfas can't last at all. :) One way or another, it's a car, that you will buy now and I doubt you will be able to sell it again, unless you will find another Alfa junky.

Yeah, looks like Its worth a viewing allright. Had a 159 a few years back abcd it never skipped a beat. I'll update after viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Thing is in terms of re-sale value , it's a rare model and an Alfa petrol head may take her on again even at high miles and you'd only lose a few hundred quid...

Like any car they do need TLC at high mileage , my 166 is at 135k and has gone strong but needed funding at times. My 159 is 95k and hasn't skipped a beat bar routine maintenance.

For 1500 (I reckon you'd get it for) and for that rare model if she was as clean in person I'd take a shot at it for sure. The Alfa Diesel engines are very solid and good for high mileage , I've seen plenty of examples on AOUK well over 200k mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Ducati are such brand whores they put their name on cars now! That is the epitome of jumping the shark.

• Advertisement

Ffs... Can't even get an insurance quote..

Ffs... Can't even get an insurance quote..

Went down to look at this car, I'll just say the pictures were very kind and I didn't buy it.

Advertisement