Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

montyrebel wrote: »
    the **** is wrong with vinces face in that 1st clip, its scarier than brays new mask

Dead tired/exhausted after 7 hours of screaming/directing commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

the **** is wrong with vinces face in that 1st clip, its scarier than brays new mask

Everyone jobs to Father Time, even Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I thought that as well watching the documentary. It’s a good watch. Becky always comes across as such a nice, genuine person. And her family all do too, hopefully her Dad fights through his illness. Also if she and Seth hadn’t gone public before this they’d have had to after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If u win a title in wwe do u get a replica too bring home and then u use the 'real' one for appearances/events etc??

Thought I heard theres different version of each belts for TV tapings and live events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

WWE: "There's nothing quite like Wrestlemania"

also WWE "What's as good as, or better than Wrestlemania?...... $uper $howdowwwwn!"

Feck right off Vince

• Advertisement

14 WWE employees have already held a title similar to the 24/7 Championship due to them winning Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship for Japanese wrestling promotion DDT Pro Wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If u win a title in wwe do u get a replica too bring home and then u use the 'real' one for appearances/events etc??

Thought I heard theres different version of each belts for TV tapings and live events
    Well going on what I’ve seen of wrestlers houses it seems a lot of them have the titles they won(not necessarily the actual belt they won) displayed in the house. I think Austin did get to keep one of the actual title belts he won.

And yeah there’s a TV belt that the TV crew supposedly keep just for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well going on what I’ve seen of wrestlers houses it seems a lot of them have the titles they won(not necessarily the actual belt they won) displayed in the house. I think Austin did get to keep one of the actual title belts he won.

And yeah there’s a TV belt that the TV crew supposedly keep just for it.
    Yeah they give them a replica to bring on the house show circuit, the talent is allowed to keep that once they lose the title.

TV belts are separate .

Yeah they give them a replica to bring on the house show circuit, the talent is allowed to keep that once they lose the title.

TV belts are separate .

When you say replica I think it's fair to point out that it's a bit more than a WWEshop.com replica belt. You'd hope so anyway.

Also not trying to bring the mood of the forum down more so reminding myself and others who long we've been watching wrestling and how old I am. Owen hart died TWENTY years ago tomorrow. I mean I have vivid memories of the day after being in school and then walking into merchants quay shopping centre here in cork and reading one of the newspapers and seeing it covered in the sun or the star. I'd never seen a WWF story covered in a newspaper here before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I missed that era. Think I had seen as far as Owen becoming King of Harts

Imagine all the replicas if all the 24/7 winners got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1130557032736743424?s=19

John Pollock did a good audio documentary on the last day of Owens life.
    Jericho is doing a podcast about him with Meltzer too which should be interesting.

With the recent documentaries on Viceland, as well as the new Wrestlers series, I'm surprised they haven't started showing any of the wrestling shows.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also not trying to bring the mood of the forum down more so reminding myself and others who long we've been watching wrestling and how old I am. Owen hart died TWENTY years ago tomorrow. I mean I have vivid memories of the day after being in school and then walking into merchants quay shopping centre here in cork and reading one of the newspapers and seeing it covered in the sun or the star. I'd never seen a WWF story covered in a newspaper here before that.

Found this lengthy read of the accident scrolling through Twitter earlier.

https://deadspin.com/after-two-decades-owen-harts-death-is-still-wwes-darke-1834910126

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ha that Hornswoggle thing is funny

Wtf are they are doing with Allister Black in wwe. So much potential coming up and then Vince prob had a senior moment and decided hes not good enough. I'd say guys will almost want too stay in NXT til Triple H takes full main roster control

Ha that Hornswoggle thing is funny

Wtf are they are doing with Allister Black in wwe. So much potential coming up and then Vince prob had a senior moment and decided hes not good enough. I'd say guys will almost want too stay in NXT til Triple H takes full main roster control

His run on the Independents as Tommy End > his WWE run.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They should start a feud where he catches Orton with Black Mass over and over again, building it as the new RKO that can be hit from "outta nowhere!"

i know ive said it before on here but hes so overrated in his independent or wwe career

I’m watching Austin vs undertaker from judgement day 2001 and it’s occurred to me that for two of the best ever individually they NEVER seemed to gel when one on one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jaysus lads, I love that ye still have enthusiasm for the product. I just can't watch it anymore, I find everything just terrible at the moment. Taking a break till Summerslam at least, I've never in almost 20 years of watching had less motivation to watch WWE. Completely and utterly jaded with the absolute rancid booking of the majority of the roster.

Peace out for a while, if I keep following the threads I'll just end up ranting negatively and I don't want to be THAT guy either.

Is there a reason they don't seem too keen to let us know the names of the backstage interviewers in WWE these days?
    Like she's appeared a few times now and I don't think anyone has said new Renee's full name. It's Sarah Schreiber according to wiki.
    There are others appearing and think Kayla is the only one I hear frequently referred to by name

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It really is fcuking nuts that both Brandi and Dustin can use the Rhodes name yet Cody can't.

It really is fcuking nuts that both Brandi and Dustin can use the Rhodes name yet Cody can't.

All about copyright Dustin was Rhodes in wcw well before he got to wwe and Brandi was like Eden or something in wwe were Cody debuted as rhodes

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh I know it just copyright and it's also Vince being petty again.

Oh I know it just copyright and it's also Vince being petty again.

Don’t think it’s petty at all just in his rights to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would anyone else agree that it's gone very quiet around these parts as of late? Is that to do with WWE being sh*t recently? Are people gone to Squared Circle on Reddit perhaps or elsewhere? Is it Boards in general that's the issue? Maybe it's just me but not as much life around PW Boards as there once was.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Would anyone else agree that it's gone very quiet around these parts as of late? Is that to do with WWE being sh*t recently? Are people gone to Squared Circle on Reddit perhaps or elsewhere? Is it Boards in general that's the issue? Maybe it's just me but not as much life around PW Boards as there once was.

I think it’s definitely product related a lot of people just seem a bit meh with wrestling at the minute.

Omackeral wrote: »

It has gone a bit quiet here, I know I'm jumping about from here to Squared Circle from time to time, but like sky88 said, it's all down to product, WWE haven't given us a reason to tune in on a weekly basis, or anything to sink our teeth into, couple that with the unease of their decade long partnership with the Saudi's.

Also probably busy lives.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I remember a time when each weekly episode of Raw had its own thread, and PPVs had separate threads for before, during and after the show. Raw going to 3 hours didn't help, or the PPVs going way over 3 hours now.

A few prolific posters here have closed their accounts too, and while I'm sure some of them must have come back with new names, the product isn't encouraging them to post as often as they used to.

Advertisement