Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I found out from Teletext!

Wrestling teletext! I remember SkyText had a wrestling page also with rumours and people sending in their thoughts on wrestling at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wrestling teletext! I remember SkyText had a wrestling page also with rumours and people sending in their thoughts on wrestling at the time.

Call 1980 666 WWE to hear what happened on one segment on Raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,824 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Call 1980 666 WWE to hear what happened on one segment on Raw

ah the incoscent days, well not so innocent as i ended up ringing one of those lines on my Grandmothers house phone :D:D. Cost a bomb when the phone bill arrived

Was a big fan of checking the Wrestling rumour teletext

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

I rewatched Taker v Batista (mania), Taker v. Edge (mania) and Taker v. Punk (hell in a cell) in a row.

Taker v. Punk was truly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Due to JRs podcast reminding me that today is the twentieth anniversary of the six way hell in a cell at Armageddon 2000 which involves the famous spot involving rikishi. I’m probably completely wrong but was there one HIAC where pinfalls weren’t just in the ring like there normally is ?

Edit: And Jesus is this PPV the definition of a one match card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Due to JRs podcast reminding me that today is the twentieth anniversary of the six way hell in a cell at Armageddon 2000 which involves the famous spot involving rikishi. I’m probably completely wrong but was there one HIAC where pinfalls weren’t just in the ring like there normally is ?

Edit: And Jesus is this PPV the definition of a one match card.

Ive a vague memory of triple h pinning jericho on top of the cell, judgement day... 2002? I think

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Ive a vague memory of triple h pinning jericho on top of the cell, judgement day... 2002? I think

It’s why I asked because when I was reminded of this match it got me thinking if I’d imagined there being a pin anywhere outside because it came to mind straight away. I’d have to check that match out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Joker Sting in TNA was my favourite version of Sting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Joker Sting in TNA was my favourite version of Sting.

Surfer Sting for me.... though I do love the Seek and Destroy entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Surfer Sting has grown on me over the years.

I remember being enamoured with him the rare times I was allowed watch WCW on ITV by my oul lad (he wasn't a fan of wrestling).

Crow Sting is such a damn cool concept in nature but WCW was off our tv by the time it came around. Plus reading about how much the character was botched taints it a little bit for me.

Joker Sting I found to be a little bit too on the nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just watched Patterson vs Slaughter in the alley fight from 1981 and have to say I enjoyed it more than any current wrestling from any of the companies.

Happened to catch the network live channel this morning which was playing TLC 2010 and the miz vs Randy Orton wwe title match and while the miz was and still is good on the mic, he’s not exactly dory funk jr in the ring. Orton even in a tables match is a star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What's live and recorded over the next week or 2? Think I remember seeing AEW will be recorded.
    What about Raw, Smackdown or NXT? I'm sure we'll get a recap show somewhere.

Velcro straps are my pet peeve in wrestling...

yqipb3nelm661.jpg

Eww.

Going by last night they seem more awkward to get down while on a ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Thought this was funny - Scarlett put up a Christmas day Instagram picture and the top comment is from someone doing lip injections. :D

To be fair to her she's not the biggest offender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Which North American wrestling star would be the biggest name never to wrestle for Vince Jr’s WWF/E at any stage?

I’m thinking Stan Hansen.

Which North American wrestling star would be the biggest name never to wrestle for Vince Jr’s WWF/E at any stage?

Stan Hansen did wrestle for the wwf though. He dropped Bruno on his head injuring him.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Stan Hanson did wrestle for the wwf though. He dropped Bruno on his head injuring him.

That was under Vince Snr.

That was under Vince Snr.

Same company though. Well maybe the same mindset if not same company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kenny Omega would be the biggest name I can think of. Had a developmental contract, and was in DSW, but as far as I know, never wrestled a match on any WWE shows. (Possibly had a dark match or was used in a squash at some point)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Gotta be Kenny. Pretty much the blueprint for how to make it in the business without WWE.

Just randomly decided to see what was on the network live Channel and its elimination chamber from this year which was March 8th and it’s bizarre to see a full arena of people. You’d forget how suddenly things changed.

Gotta be Kenny. Pretty much the blueprint for how to make it in the business without WWE.

You could say the same thing about Hansen he was a huge money draw everywhere outside the WWF/E for two decades and probably the biggest non Japanese wrestler star and draw Japan ever had.

You could say the same thing about Hansen he was a huge money draw everywhere outside the WWF/E for two decades and probably the biggest non Japanese wrestler star and draw Japan ever had.

Kenny went and did the whole Japan thing, raised the profile of NJPW in the West, came back to the States and is a huge part of the reason that AEW even exists in the first place.

Was just wondering is there anyone that AEW/WWE shouldn't or wouldn't sign?
    Like I remember after seeing some RoH matches wondering why the Briscoes haven't been signed by WWE then saw one of them made some homophobic remarks or something on social media which likely affected their chances.
    I've said before but I don't think either company should sign Tessa Blanchard as from what I've read of her, she seems unreliable and selfish.

There are others I wouldn't see them signing from RoH like The Bouncers or Shane Taylor due to their weight.
    Then Sexy Star wouldn't be signed by either company.

Del Rio would be a prime example there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Joey Ryan and anyone else name-checked this year by multiple alleged victims of abuse.

I think WWE and AEW are seeing who blinks first on signing Tessa. I don't think they'd care about locker room disharmony and they'd both want her if that was the only issue but signing someone with recent racist issues will be problematic.

• Advertisement

The Dudley Boyz/Team 3D to win the AEW titles within the next two years beating team TNT for them.

Advertisement