Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Just in case you are wrong and you haven't seen it....... The 92 Rumble is up in full on the wwe youtube page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Just in case you are wrong and you haven't seen it....... The 92 Rumble is up in full on the wwe youtube page.

Lol I got the network back yesterday just to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I dropped the network as I just wasn’t using it.

As said above RR 1992 full match is on WWEs YouTube page along with so many more full matches.

Worth having a nosey.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Will be getting the Network back for the Rumble, trying to see if they've chucked me an offer for a free trial to come back recently rather than paying for it though :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Necro wrote: »
    Will be getting the Network back for the Rumble, trying to see if they've chucked me an offer for a free trial to come back recently rather than paying for it though :pac:

I'm tempted to do the same! I want to catch up on the last few Stone Cold sessions. Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think the lack of house shows and touring is hurting the young talent in wrestling.

They aren't getting the in ring experience they need to get a flow going and an understanding of what a crowd would like and not like.

Wrestling in gyms five days a week and once a week on a TV show really isn't the same as learning on house shows.

I get you and you are correct.
    But I do wonder how much talent can learn these days. It's no secret back in the day not everything was planned. Especially the heat. Road agents would go through the match with the wrestlers. All combined input. But mainly the wrestlers coming up with stuff.

Now days it's the road agent who puts together the whole match. IIRC, it was Al Snow who said that in WWE now the ref can get instructions to pass on. Grab a head, work the arm etc.
    Xpac also said he hated Michael Hayes for not explaining the whys and reasoning for putting together a match. To keep the guys dependant on him. This was years ago too when he said it.

I wonder how much can these guys learn if you are told step by step to do everything.

I'm tempted to do the same! I want to catch up on the last few Stone Cold sessions. Let us know how you get on.

Unfortunately no dice :( will sign up during the week with my new account Orcen :pac:

Yeah they don't seem to be giving much away these days.

Unfortunately no dice :( will sign up during the week with my new account Orcen :pac:

I don't think they do the 30 day free trial anymore just to save you the bother of setting up a new account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Did a little run down ahead of the Rumble on sport website I contribute to.

No betting bets, but if I was a betting man I would put all my money on Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

https://scoreline.ie/royal-rumble-who-will-go-onto-main-event-wrestlemania/

• Advertisement

I don't think they do the 30 day free trial anymore just to save you the bother of setting up a new account

Found that out last night too :(

Just resubbed, watched The Last Ride last night. Decent I thought. Had a flick of the Attitude Era Royal Rumbles one as well, I had totally forgotten about Fake Diesel and Fake Razor :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Had a flick of the Attitude Era Royal Rumbles one as well, I had totally forgotten about Fake Diesel and Fake Razor :pac:

Fun trivia. Razor Ramon had been in the Royal Rumble but Scott Hall never has. That’s wild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Connor Mcgregor to wwe to save his career

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I doubt McGregor's career needs "saving".

Can't see it re: McGregor. Who would he work with? He's too small, Floyd was an exception in that regard imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I for hope he keeps far far away from wrestling.

Hopefully those women clean him out in civil court and his alleged crimes get fully reported in an open court.

However that's never stopped the wrestling world embracing nasty people and giving them a big payday.

I for hope he keeps far far away from wrestling.

Hopefully those women clean him out in civil court and his alleged crimes get fully reported in an open court.

However that's never stopped the wrestling world embracing nasty people and giving them a big payday.

Yeah it certainly has never stopped WWE before but I just don't see who you book him with. Maybe on 205 Live? :pac::pac:

McGregor vs. Balor.

McGregor vs. Balor.

McGregor vs Sheamus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I want McGregor nowhere near my wrasslin.

• Advertisement

Unless its 2D posing as him, thats fine.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1353720091943297025?s=19

A few giants in this with them trained by the Great Khali. Jinder Mahal the poster of this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's a PPV specifically for the Indian Market, it filmed the other day.
    Spoilers are out there, lots of Indian talent on the card, doesn't sound like it will be up to much tbh.

ThePott wrote: »
    It's a PPV specifically for the Indian Market, it filmed the other day.
    Spoilers are out there, lots of Indian talent on the card, doesn't sound like it will be up to much tbh.

Im curious. Hopefully the talent are allowed to perform how they like, rather than confined to the WWE style.

Probably wont rush to watch it but Ill check it out eventually.

Smell of the TNA India arm they once had, and Jeff Jarrett is working with the company again...... stranger things in all that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im curious. Hopefully the talent are allowed to perform how they like, rather than confined to the WWE style.

Probably wont rush to watch it but Ill check it out eventually.

Smell of the TNA India arm they once had, and Jeff Jarrett is working with the company again...... stranger things in all that.

It just won't be the same without Steiner running amok though

The Hardcore Title was such fun around 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

With the numerous allegations against Mcgregor, it’s somwhat surprising the likes of Sheamus, Becky are such public supporters of him

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1353720091943297025?s=19

A few giants in this with them trained by the Great Khali. Jinder Mahal the poster of this

Jinder having a short feud v Drew might actually be fresh and even decent

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Jinder having a short feud v Drew might actually be fresh and even decent

Dear God No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was this just to gauge interest for NXT India?
    The one that teamed with Charlotte could definitely use more time.
    Probably won't see half of them again for a long time. Like how Mansoor would only appear for Saudi events. Though he has been on 205 a few times now.
    The ones that teamed with Drew were in NXT a bit then disappeared. Think was due to COVID but obviously they're back now. They seemed to have an AoP type role managed by Malcolm Bivens

Advertisement