Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Sweet Chin Music comes to mind. HBK does it so flawlessly he can hit it from any angle on anyone. Still, remember the superkick he gave to Shelton Benjamen when he went for a springboard move off the top rope.

That sweet chin music on Shelton Benjamin was god like. That’s another example of wrestling being a collaborative thing. It needed both HBK and Benjamin to work to make it look as good as it did.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The crossface, you put your hands anywhere near Benoit and he could drag you into one, great way to pop the crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think Owens stunner gets poo pood is because it is SCSA's move. As stupid as that sounds.

I'd definitely say that the DDT needs to be used a bit more. It is an awesome move and does have that snappy "out of nowhere" feel to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I think Owens stunner gets poo pood is because it is SCSA's move. As stupid as that sounds.

I'd definitely say that the DDT needs to be used a bit more. It is an awesome move and does have that snappy "out of nowhere" feel to it.

It needs to be re established first though as a move that means something before it can be used more. I mean the DDT used to be the end of a match and it was a definite end. Now it’s a transition move. When jake Roberts hit the DDT that was it.game over and done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long before Vince decides to try and put on a 2 hour show out for TV and Streaming every night of the week using Thunder dome since they no longer have house shows that leaves a lot of talent not doing anything so why not use them to make more content to sell.

They already have USA/Peacock and Fox and then sell two/three others night to other platforms for billions.

US TV and Streaming sites all need content these days now to compete against each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

After watching Taker on JRE. He should be the go to for new wrestlers in terms of just how important a massive character is. It makes or breaks a career.

I really believe if it was Mean Mark Callous that came in he would have had a decent run but he'd have been gone by 94/95 without the Undertaker gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gargano: "At the next Takeover, on Valentine’s Day, I will have special Marvel-inspired gear."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podcasts/this-week-in-marvel-goes-ringside-with-wrestler-and-marvel-fan-johnny-gargano

No fúcking way, Johnny? Are ya serious, I never would've guessed. A daring change of direction for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

J. Marston wrote: »
    No fúcking way, Johnny? Are ya serious, I never would've guessed. A daring change of direction for him.

Didn't Mysterio do that at Wrestlemania about 15 years ago? Innovative stuff

El Sueño wrote: »
    Didn't Mysterio do that at Wrestlemania about 15 years ago? Innovative stuff

He does it at every Takeover and it's my biggest irrational wrestling pet peeve. I can't stand it. What does dressing up as Ant-Man or Thor add to a feud?

Lacey Evans embroidering "SETH" on to her arse for that intergender tag match a couple of years ago showed more wrestling nous than every Marvel cosplay in wrestling history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I really believe if it was Mean Mark Callous that came in he would have had a decent run but he'd have been gone by 94/95 without the Undertaker gimmick.

I'd say he would have gone the route of Glen Jacobs if he debuted as Mean Mark Callous. As in, he would have had a few different gimmick changes throughout the years before he found his calling.

Hell, he'd probably have ended up in a big man tag-team with someone like Brian Adams or Brian Lee. Something similar to The Skyscrapers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Good shout. Plus I think Brian Lee was his cousin. Oh and of course he played fake Undertaker at Summerslam 94.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He does it at every Takeover and it's my biggest irrational wrestling pet peeve. I can't stand it. What does dressing up as Ant-Man or Thor add to a feud?

Lacey Evans embroidering "SETH" on to her arse for that intergender tag match a couple of years ago showed more wrestling nous than every Marvel cosplay in wrestling history.

I find it highly amusing that this really gets on your nerves so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Agreed.
    The chances of finding huge success in WWE are slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why aren't Superbowl reports referring to Gronk as "Former 24/7 champion Rob Gronkowski"?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I find it highly amusing that this really gets on your nerves so much.

J vs Gargano has been a slow build feud going back a few years. I cant wait for the pay off. (J's head exploding when Gargano goes full Thanos and clicks his finger as a finisher).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

beakerjoe wrote: »
    J vs Gargano has been a slow build feud going back a few years. I cant wait for the pay off. (J's head exploding when Gargano goes full Thanos and clicks his finger as a finisher).

Gargano is occupying some prime real estate in his head :pac:

Calvin Tankman is some talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Daniels Bryan’s run since return from injury has for the most part been a major anti climax.. yes, the planets champion stuff was good and he’ll always have good matches, but it really should have been a lot more than this..

His rise around WM30 ( when the Company didn’t want him to be a top guy) was amazing and will probably never be topped but I really feel they’ve missed a golden opportunity here. He was the favourite going into the RR and they did nothing with that either l

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Daniels Bryan’s run since return from injury has for the most part been a major anti climax.. yes, the planets champion stuff was good and he’ll always have good matches, but it really should have been a lot more than this..

His rise around WM30 ( when the Company didn’t want him to be a top guy) was amazing and will probably never be topped but I really feel they’ve missed a golden opportunity here. He was the favourite going into the RR and they did nothing with that either l

Yeah its not been terrible from what i seen but by god he was so over coming into WM30.

I personally would have had him win over Edge, you could still have edge last ages in rumble and knocked at the end. Then have him win the chamber to carry on to mania for the other belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

https://twitter.com/WWEShop/status/1359986824790310922?s=19

What is this merch! Who designs this and thinks it's good? Worse yet, who buys this and wears it?

• Advertisement

Ive seen worse. Sin Cara penis shirt anyone.

Wasnt it the merch that set ACH off in WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

I own 3 pieces of merch.

1. Becky lynch shirt (not "the man")
    2. An under armour Rock shirt that is so comfortable and loose fit it was actually worth the extra price.
    3. My Shane I Mac "here comes the money shirt". I defy anyone not to feel the sht walking into a room with that playing in their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I just saw the trailer for John Cena's Wipeout series on TBS and it has me wondering will TNT try and have a AEW special with wrestlers from the show on it. Get that WWE/AEW crossover and Cena would have to be all nice and complementary about AEW.

Also will we get a John Cena Wipeout vs The Miz Cannonball feud at WM for the best gameshow host wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Seeing Zeb Coulter doing the We The People gimmick in 2021 would certainly be interesting. It was weird 8 years ago and maybe that's why it got over unintentionally, but doing it now would be comparable to when they did Muhammad Hassan.

It would be such a sh1tshow I would be curious to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,825 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Walter?

God it would be a huge shot in the arm if they brought him in to feud with Finn.

Be an even better situation if Walter went full time in NXT and ran through everyone. Unlikely though.

Would love to see Walter absolutely demolish Balor in 60 seconds.

I think Balor is an awful, awful champion.

• Advertisement

Would love to see Walter absolutely demolish Balor in 60 seconds.

I think Balor is an awful, awful champion.

Dont agree with your Finn take, its decent. But I will agree with the Walter Squash take.

Advertisement