Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Those performance center t-shirts are awful. If a wrestler gets released, will they be expected to return the t-shirt as well. "We wish you well in all your future endeavors, but we'd like the t-shirt back, please.

Or perhaps they're saying the wrestlers are the property instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Say what you like about Big Show and he’s well past his sell by date, but it’ll be interesting to see Vinces/WWE reaction to this.
    At the very least, the optics of a wwe lifer ( who wasn’t fired) joining the main competition is bound to infuriate Vince

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1364648795099836425?s=19

I hate the way WWE announce a lot of their signings like this these days. Especially for established wrestlers (like Taya ) that have wrestled for years. "They've reported for training at the PC" and pictures in those "property of WWE" shirts. Just makes them look like jabronies straight off the bat and not "superstars".

I also hate how some use "This has been a dream of mine since I x years of age" now maybe there are those whose endgame is the WWE.. But bloody hell, it sounds so cliché'd

Also those signed by WWE, the phrase "this is where the work begins", uh hold on a second, what the hell have you been doing on the Independent circuit all this time?

Are newly signed independent talent held at gunpoint and forced to dismiss all their previous indie work before they signed on the dotted line of that WWE contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Say what you like about Big Show and he’s well past his sell by date, but it’ll be interesting to see Vinces/WWE reaction to this.
    At the very least, the optics of a wwe lifer ( who wasn’t fired) joining the main competition is bound to infuriate Vince

It's very much a statement signing. We all thought for sure Show was a WWE for life guy. He could have had a very cushy number with WWE for very little work, outside of an ambassador role. He had the show on Netflix as well, potentially bringing eyes to the product.

AEW have been masters of keeping things quiet really, haven't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's very much a statement signing. We all thought for sure Show was a WWE for life guy. He could have had a very cushy number with WWE for very little work, outside of an ambassador role. He had the show on Netflix as well, potentially bringing eyes to the product.

To use a Queens Of The Stone Age track, the lost art of keeping a secret, is alive and well in AEW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Its because most, if not all the talent, are currently on the same page. Most people in the business want AEW to succeed. hell, most wrestlers in WWE see the benefits want AEW to succeed. No leaks because they want their company to succeed.

WWE is the opposite, WWE played hard ball with their talent since WCW went out of business and they became the only game in town. The "if you dont like it, go somewhere else" mantra applied.

And besides, most WWE leaks are purposeful leaks. They want the leaks hoping it will get eyes on their product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Happy 72nd birthday to the 16 time worlds heavyweight champion the nature boy ric flair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s 20 years tonight that no way out 2001 took place. We had the Kurt angle vs the rock world title match and the 3 stages of hell match between HHH and stone Cold which having watched it back a few times on the network still holds up. We also get the fan at the end who nails Austin in the head with a can after the raise the cage. Good good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It’s 20 years tonight that no way out 2001 took place. We had the Kurt angle vs the rock world title match and the 3 stages of hell match between HHH and stone Cold which having watched it back a few times on the network still holds up. We also get the fan at the end who nails Austin in the head with a can after the raise the cage. Good good times.

The can to the head looked sore enough!

giphy.gif

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Undertaker's gear that night was horrendous :D Swiftly moved back to old gear haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Is Cody a heel? Genuine question. I dip in and out of AEW. Everything about him screams heel and he even seems like a bit of a knob in real life. He could be a serious mega heel if booked correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will we get a major title change at Fastlane the first PPV on Peacock?

I was looking through the WWE alumni section of WWE.com for the first time ever (because Big Show was moved there a day or two before the AEW signing was announced).

The only weird inclusion I came across is Sonya Deville. Isn't she appearing on Raw or Smackdown at the moment? Ronda is there as well so presume she's not under contract atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think it was probably that they moved her off as part of the storyline where the stip between her and Mandy was "Loser Leaves WWE" and they just haven't put her back yet because she's not an active wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder was Vince on the phone this week to all the Legends and alumni offering better deals to stop them jumping to AEW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I wonder was Vince on the phone this week to all the Legends and alumni offering better deals to stop them jumping to AEW.

I wonder what legends would be willing to go to AEW. Big Show was a surprise so you never know.

Vince'll be delighted if it's only legends that go to AEW.

Save for someone like Cena or The Rock, legends will do sugar all for AEW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to be fun disregarding logic when the fiend returns and he loses to a wrestling move. The man came back from getting set on fire but loses a match to an RKO or something

God you have to love wrestlecrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Never got the love for Christian as a performer, certainly not as a top guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Christian is coming back at a time when fans aren't giving a **** about legend returns as theyve been done far too frequently.

Edges returned twice.

Goldberg 4 or 5.

I like Christian but I dont wanna see him in 2021. I can probably accept a one off tag match against Uso and Reigns. Bar that, I dont care.

GIVE ME SOMEONE NEW.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Christian is coming back at a time when fans aren't giving a **** about legend returns as theyve been done far too frequently.

Edges returned twice.

Goldberg 4 or 5.

I like Christian but I dont wanna see him in 2021. I can probably accept a one off tag match against Uso and Reigns. Bar that, I dont care.

GIVE ME SOMEONE NEW.

I used to be a sucker for nostalgia and old wrestlers returning but nowadays I just want to see new stars made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I used to be a sucker for nostalgia and old wrestlers returning but nowadays I just want to see new stars made.

Same as, but not anymore. Can't even think of anyone I would pop big for making a Royal Rumble appearance (Santino maybe :pac:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think the only return that would be a big deal would be Austin coming back and there is no chance of him doing that. Says the same himself. Austin just rode off into the sunset. Never had any comeback never even hinted at a comeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well, I can't wait for Roman/Rock. Think it'll be brilliant.

I think the only return that would be a big deal would be Austin coming back and there is no chance of him doing that. Says the same himself. Austin just rode off into the sunset. Never had any comeback never even hinted at a comeback.
    There was a lot of buzz once that him and Punk were gonna have a Mania feud, there's a sort of worked WWE game promo with the two of them. Never came to pass though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I wonder what legends would be willing to go to AEW. Big Show was a surprise so you never know.

Mick Foley will definitely go there at some point. Ron Simmons maybe, he might get more to do than just say "DAMN!" every couple of years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭kksaints

Riddle101 wrote: »

Judging by the number of ex WCW wrestlers AEW has had Ric Flair will surely be made an offer. Whether he'll go with his daughter in the WWE is a different matter.

kksaints wrote: »
    Judging by the number of ex WCW wrestlers AEW has had Ric Flair will surely be made an offer. Whether he'll go with his daughter in the WWE is a different matter.

Kurt Angle could show up at some point

kksaints wrote: »
    At one point I'm pretty sure he was meant to reveal the belt instead of Bret Hart.

• Advertisement

One of the Mcmahon Grandkids could show up in AEW saying its theres now

Jesus those kids have a great opportunity in the future with what they can inherit

Advertisement