Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Sirsok wrote: »
    Dana Warrior is getting a rough time of it on twitter with her LGBT Pride Post

Rightly so. Her husband was a horrible piece of **** and WWE should be ashamed that they haven't completely written him out of wrestling history.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Surprised they didn't delete it, backlash was fairly instant.
    WWE sh!t all over Warrior with that DVD they released, it buried any credibility he had left at the time. They pick and choose when to play the good guy, and it's sickening, but to be expected from a carney ran corporation.
    I have no idea what Dana actually brings to the table to be offered a role to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't delete it, backlash was fairly instant.
    WWE sh!t all over Warrior with that DVD they released, it buried any credibility he had left at the time. They pick and choose when to play the good guy, and it's sickening, but to be expected from a carney ran corporation.
    I have no idea what Dana actually brings to the table to be offered a role to begin with.

All his sins were forgiven when he agreed to do the Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I was thinking though just because she was married to the man, doesnt neccesarily mean she shared his views. I have different views on alot of things from my partner, i would hate for either of us to be condemed due to association

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Sirsok wrote: »
    I was thinking though just because she was married to the man, doesnt neccesarily mean she shared his views. I have different views on alot of things from my partner, i would hate for either of us to be condemed due to association

Yeah but If you painted up as your partner while expressing your views... actually this example is too ridiculous to finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

cian68 wrote: »
    Yeah but If you painted up as your partner while expressing your views... actually this example is too ridiculous to finish

Now that you said it that makes complete sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Big E. is back from injury. So, Superstar Billy Graham was right!
    Does this mean Kofi should start taking steroids now?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Clearly Big E's injury wasn't as severe. Probably just a Grade 1 or Grade 2 tear, which 9 times out of 10, you'll be told by a doctor to rest, use painkillers and keep icing the knee until swelling goes down.

If it was a Grade 3, then surgery would be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched Main Event for the first time in ages and I found the long lost Viking Raiding Warring Experience Machine against Titus and No Way Jose. At least they won so not all bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This may already have been discussed in length but where has all the wrestling and wrestlers gone? I feel like Raw and Smackdown is showing me the same group of people every week.

Shane, Reigns, McIntyre, Rollins, Corbin, Zayn, Owens, Kofi, Ziggler, Lynch, Evans, Bliss, Rose, DeVille, Truth, Carmella.

I know there’s others in the background doing skits but both shows seemed to be the same show with this Wildcard shít and I feel like something is seriously wrong for them to under use so many people.

They have 5 hours a week to fill and I feel like I’m watching the same promos over and over and seeing the same matches over and over. I never watch any of their shows live, I watch Raw in about 25 minutes by fast forwarding the adverts and useless bits. I’ve got to a stage where I am thinking of just giving up on it. Sad to say that but maybe a break would do me good because I’m bored.

• Advertisement

UFC posted an interesting mini documentary about their relationship with President Trump. Funny that Trump is more associated with WWE and in the WWE Hall of Fame, but WWE would never have the guts to post something like that to their YouTube, for fear of offending people. Pathetic.

sirmanga wrote: »
    UFC posted an interesting mini documentary about their relationship with President Trump. Funny that Trump is more associated with WWE and in the WWE Hall of Fame, but WWE would never have the guts to post something like that to their YouTube, for fear of offending people. Pathetic.

I’m sorry, but whatever point you’re trying to make is kind of undercut by the fact Trump is already openly associated with WWE and in their Hall of Fame as you say. Why would WWE be doing a mini documentary about Trump? For what reason?

The question you should ask is why UFC are doing it.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I’m sorry, but whatever point you’re trying to make is kind of undercut by the fact Trump is already openly associated with WWE and in their Hall of Fame as you say. Why would WWE be doing a mini documentary about Trump? For what reason?

The question you should ask is why UFC are doing it.

Why wouldn't UFC do it? What's the issue?

My point is that Trump is in the HOF, and since he became president, WWE act like he doesn't exist.
    In the documentary, Dana White talks about how instrumental Trump was to the success of UFC.
    All I'm saying is that I'd like to see WWE do a Network special or a YouTube video on their history with Trump. It's the President of the United States and he's in the WWE HOF for goodness sake. When will they ever get this chance again?

But, as I said, WWE is too cowardly to even touch the subject because even mentioning the name Trump makes some people have a nervous breakdown, even if you're not praising him. For some, it must be 100% hatred for him or you're evil.

At least UFC are treating their fans like adults. They posted the documentary and if people don't like it they can hit the dislike button or simply not watch it. I could imagine if WWE made a similar documentary there would be people whining about cancelling their Network subscription.

I’m not trying to be rude but you are creating a problem that isn’t a problem. You are comparing two companies that don’t sell the same product and confusing the reasons why one is doing something that the other isn’t.

I asked you to wonder why UFC are doing the documentary and you took that to mean that UFC shouldn’t be doing it. That’s not what I mean.

The reason I assume the UFC are doing it is because UFC is a company that sells a combat sport that has had very high profile political battles to get the sport sanctioned in states across America. Trump has been a high profile supporter of MMA so now that he is in a position of power the UFC are trying to leverage his presidency to promote the company. It’s pure opportunistic marketing in the hope it can push the sport more into the main stream and generate more revenue.

The WWE are an entertainment company who don’t need any political favours and therefore don’t need to make pointless documentaries about Donald Trump.

Ask yourself why anyone (WWE or UFC fan) would give a shít about a Trump documentary. The answer is they don’t, but Republican law makers might like to suck up to their commander in chief by supporting something he likes.

I think it comes down to Dana White being more humgle than Vince McMahon when it comes to acknowledging that somebody else had a hand in keeping their business alive and helping them succeed.
    And I also think Dana White is trying to appease Trump supporting fans of UFC, which I would guess is quite a fair amount of people.

I think it comes down to Dana White being more humgle than Vince McMahon when it comes to acknowledging that somebody else had a hand in keeping their business alive and helping them succeed.
    And I also think Dana White is trying to appease Trump supporting fans of UFC, which I would guess is quite a fair amount of people.

Trump had no hand in the success of WWE.

I’m not trying to be rude but you are creating a problem that isn’t a problem. You are comparing two companies that don’t sell the same product and confusing the reasons why one is doing something that the other isn’t.

I asked you to wonder why UFC are doing the documentary and you took that to mean that UFC shouldn’t be doing it. That’s not what I mean.

The reason I assume the UFC are doing it is because UFC is a company that sells a combat sport that has had very high profile political battles to get the sport sanctioned in states across America. Trump has been a high profile supporter of MMA so now that he is in a position of power the UFC are trying to leverage his presidency to promote the company. It’s pure opportunistic marketing in the hope it can push the sport more into the main stream and generate more revenue.

The WWE are an entertainment company who don’t need any political favours and therefore don’t need to make pointless documentaries about Donald Trump.

Ask yourself why anyone (WWE or UFC fan) would give a shít about a Trump documentary. The answer is they don’t, but Republican law makers might like to suck up to their commander in chief by supporting something he likes.

The UFC is already in the mainstream. It does not need Trump anymore. In fact, even posting a video on Trump could have beeen bad PR for them. But thankfully, UFC fans weren't that petty.

A documentary about Trump/WWE could be fascinating. Insights from those who worked with him, was he narky to work with? Did he take direction well? He's the most famous person on the planet and WWE must have unaired backstage stuff on his time with the company. Just look at the Something Else to Wrestle series to see the amount of gems in the WWE archive.

I'm not talking about a Goebbels style Trump love fest. Just a documentary on his time in WWE.
    But WWE are too afraid of fan backlash to even mention him on air. WWE used to play a PR video of President Bush thanking WWE for the Tribute to the Troops. This was a man who started a war.
    So why not try and get access to one of their Hall of Famers, who happens to be the President, and ask him about his WWE association. He did it for UFC and their documentary, he'd do it for WWE.

Not to the degree of UFC, but he was one of the main draws for Mania 23. The best performing WWE PPV until Mania 28.

Trump helped WWE, he gave Vince a dig out by letting them use Trump Plaza for WrestleMania 4 and 5 at a time to the best of my knowledge where they were under pressure financially and struggling to find a venue that wasn't going to put them at risk.

Could be wrong about that, but it's what is in my head.

Trump helped WWE, he gave Vince a dig out by letting them use Trump Plaza for WrestleMania 4 and 5 at a time to the best of my knowledge where they were under pressure financially and struggling to find a venue that wasn't going to put them at risk.

Could be wrong about that, but it's what is in my head.
    Yeah, I dunno about the financial pressure, because WWE were minted during that time, but he apparently helped Vince promote Mania 4 and 5 and cut him a good deal.
    And then he appeared numerous other times on camera and the ratings shot up. As they would if he appeared on Raw next week, no doubt.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I dunno about the financial pressure, because WWE were minted during that time, but he apparently helped Vince promote Mania 4 and 5 and cut him a good deal.
    And then he appeared numerous other times on camera and the ratings shot up. As they would if he appeared on Raw next week, no doubt.

Yeah, I have got the two a bit mixed up there! UFC were in much worse shape when he helped them out.
    I read a small bit about WrestleMania 4 and 5 there, I think both parties were happy with how 4 went, so Trump bid to host it again the following year. So I don't think they were broke or struggling, but the two events made a lot of money and what ever deal they worked out helped WWE's growth big time.

I do think a documentary will be made, but not before the next election.
    I think UFC feel obligated to support Trump publicly, where as WWE are happy to do it privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The UFC is owned by Ari Emanuel who is/was Trump's agent and he owns the William Morris talent agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

“UFC did a thing. WWE didn’t do the exact same thing. Therefore WWE are pathetic.”

What? Just...what?!!?

This place is becoming an absolute dumpster fire. RIP boards PW.

I think UFC feel obligated to support Trump publicly, where as WWE are happy to do it privately.

But it isn't even about supporting Trump. I would just like to see a documentary on his relationship with WWE. Any normal person would be able to sit through it without being offended, surely.

leggo wrote: »
    “UFC did a thing. WWE didn’t do the exact same thing. Therefore WWE are pathetic.”

What? Just...what?!!?

This place is becoming an absolute dumpster fire. RIP boards PW.

But that "thing" is relevant as that "thing" is about a WWE HOFer who is ignored by WWE.

But it isn't even about supporting Trump. I would just like to see a documentary on his relationship with WWE. Any normal person would be able to sit through it without being offended, surely.

Yeah, so would I. It'd be an interesting watch. Just think the timing isn't suitable for it to done right now. Where as UFC have released this at a time that suits their support of Trump.
    It shouldn't matter, but it does.
    Who knows maybe they have one in the pipeline?

You sound like the only one offended, no one else gives a shít.

What other companies with links to Trump should be making Trump documentaries? You think all of them are pathetic too? Why is WWE twisting your knickers?

I just saw Dana Warrior is part of WWE creative and works heavily with Lacy Evans.

Anyone know what is her actual background other than being married to Warrior?

You sound like the only one offended, no one else gives a shít.

What other companies with links to Trump should be making Trump documentaries? You think all of them are pathetic too? Why is WWE twisting your knickers?

What other company has, potentially, footage of Trump rehearsing wrestling segments, wrestling moves etc? And WWE does documentaries so well, when it wants to, that a one on Trump could be amazing.

The only reason Trump is not mentioned by WWE is that they don't want bad PR. They don't even have to talk about him in a positive way. Just a documentary saying "hey, you know the most famous and controversial man in the world, well he's in our Hall of Fame and here's what he's like to work with."

• Advertisement

They don’t want bad PR?

They are just back from taking Saudi blood money the WWE couldn’t give two fcuks about bad PR.

Vince lives off the whole there is no such thing as bad main stream press idea.

Advertisement