Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

This is one of most oddest Raw backstage segment ever.

Vince: Are you ready for some wrestling?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was a parody of a NFL Promo. Are you ready for some football?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Karrion Kross doing well against Anthony Joshua going into the fourth round

Impact wrestling's camera cuts during matches are nearly as bad as WWE. Why any wrestling company thinks this is the way to shoot wrestling will always baffle me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,165 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A random list of bests and worsts..

It's a toss up between MJF's armbar gentle arm tug and Charlotte's Natural Selection as today's worst wrestling finishers.

Lashley has the best entrance in all wrestling, absolutely badass...

Battle Cry is the best theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wow a comment about current day WWE that's not negative

Hurt Business Lashley is bad ass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Chris Jericho's Judas Effect is pretty bad too. I've never been a fan of the Canadian Destroyer, although it's not the worst finishing move out there. But it's greatly overdone and a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If pointing out the Canadian Destroyer, I find the Panama Sunrise a pointless variation. Like what does the wee jump from the ropes do?

I always said Cena's FU was a weak move. Oh no, he flipped them from his shoulders, what a punishing move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I freely admit to not liking most of what modern WWE presents but Lashley and The Hurt Business are excellent. It was madness splitting them up.

The wwe main roster UK ppv is really gaining a bit of attention and looking very promising

Talks of summerslam in the millennium stadium in Cardiff or Wembley

Definitely make the trip over but the wallet hurts thinking about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've seen Bandido live now at the last two PWG shows and he's outstanding. I really he wish he wasn't tied to ROH as he'd be a massive star in AEW or even the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There's a playlist for international PPVs on the network with a picture of Becky lynch with the smackdown woman’s title and the background are the colours of the Irish flag.

Uk Takeover Dublin was suppose to be the Irish PPV debut but covid had other plans

Hard to see it happening ever

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Given how the company have the Draft ongoing at the moment, and changes then not kicking in until later this month, and Survivor Series being in November..

Would they be better off leaving the draft until post Survivor Series

Yeah that would make sense and would cut out that brand loyalty nonsense

Fighting for a brand which your only part of for a few weeks is dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭ThePott

It would also be good if they had some stakes to Survivor Series aside from bragging rights. Like they'd get the first draft pick or something.

Or numbers 29 and 30 in the Rumble for the winners while the losers get number 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Just give the survivors, not the full winning team, title shots. Or maybe that GM for a day thing from way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Help me out here because I am a bit confused. Is it that WWE have SO many over faces on the female side that they can have Becky return as a heel and basically treat her as an afterthought?

Really good move by tony khan to reportedly limit the role the Evps have in the booking of AEW. Removed the potential of a WCW situation where the wrestlers are dictating the direction of the booking.

• Advertisement

I was watching some early episodes of Dynamite on AEW plus and there is some amount of shite to go with the good. The nightmare collective is one of the worst storylines, factions whatever you want to call it they've done, and that was the brainchild of Brandi supposedly. Trying to get the Dark order over as a force with Evil Uno as leader was terrible. Other bollox as well like the Librarians (that was a young bucks idea). They should have been stripped from booking back then 😂

I thought I read at the time that Khan took over more control after the Dynamite where the dark order destroyed the elite (before Brodie, when Uno was still leader) at the end of the show and the fans **** on it. That's around 2 years ago now though.

Well it may have started back then but it seems it’s fully done now. And to be honest it’s the right call because too many cooks and all that.

Ah Brandi Rhodes doing her best to be the Stephanie McMahon of AEW and not any of the positives. They’ve a new reality show and the few people I’ve heard talk about, it’s seems like it’s awful shite altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's been known that Khan has the final say for probably over a year and a half at least now, I'd take those reports with a pinch of salt, reads as half truths like most reports really. The Elite with new roster member Adam Cole still appear to be prominent members of the roster doing ok despite having all their power taken away along with their say in hiring talent!

The best thing Khan ever did was refuse to sign Joey Ryan even though the bucks were pushing for him to sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,165 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Miz got moves. The Cesaro Swing was impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

If this meant the return of Johnny Gargano the pro-wrestler from his Dragongate and Chikara days I'd be interested. If he's still the sports entertainer with just one facial expression he can stay where he is!

Know its only October but its going to be interesting to see who might win the mens rumble next year

Bobby Lashley or Omas would be a decent shout

• Registered Users Posts: 60,561 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Or Johnny is moving to Smackdown on FOX.

This new Elias has disappeared all of a sudden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see that image still has a link to his WWE bio

Advertisement