Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Who here really legitimately cares about Donald Trump's relationship with the WWE? Also many Hall Of Famers go ignored by WWE until it suits them.

Also you just need to look his administration since the start of his Presidency to get an idea what he's like to work with, you don't need a documentary to tell ya that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't get how so many in Ireland are fúcking obsessed with the guy, be it supporting him or against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't get how so many in Ireland are fúcking obsessed with the guy, be it supporting him or against him.

And decades from now, when he's long gone, there will still be people for or against him.

Well assuming we even have decades left due to Global warming.

I kinda now understand how League of Ireland fans feel now about United/Liverpool etc fans.

People will argue day and night about Trump but they probably couldn't tell you the names of their local councillors/TDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

They don’t want bad PR?

They are just back from taking Saudi blood money the WWE couldn’t give two fcuks about bad PR.

Vince lives off the whole there is no such thing as bad main stream press idea.

There's a big a difference though. WWE had a big reason not to care about the bad PR from the Saudi show. Actually, they had about 40 million reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GSPfan wrote: »
    You sound like the only one offended, no one else gives a shít.

No sorry, his post actually killed the entire forum off. Someone said PW Boards RIP so that's it.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Also many Hall Of Famers go ignored by WWE until it suits them.
    But not many other WWE HOFers are the President of the United States. Even 10 years ago, if Vince had a HOFer in the White House he'd be shouting it from the rooftops. But he's lost his bottle, unless he's being paid millions by the Saudi government.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Linda is part of Trumps Administration that in itself is power for WWE most companies will never get of course the WWE and the McMahons aren’t going to rock the boat in any way shape or form when they have the ear to the most powerful man in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I just saw Dana Warrior is part of WWE creative and works heavily with Lacy Evans.

Anyone know what is her actual background other than being married to Warrior?

Dana was married to a horrible bigot and Lacey dressed up her child in blackface.

It's a match made in heaven!

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Dana was married to a horrible bigot and Lacey dressed up her child in blackface.

It's a match made in heaven!

That wasn’t the question i asked.

I asked does anyone know her background other than being married to Warrior.

• Advertisement

That wasn’t the question i asked.

I asked does anyone know her background other than being married to Warrior.

She was on Jericho's podcast before and she talked about being a short story writer.

Linda is part of Trumps Administration that in itself is power for WWE most companies will never get of course the WWE and the McMahons aren’t going to rock the boat in any way shape or form when they have the ear to the most powerful man in the world.

Very good point, yeah.

Anyway, I'll resolve not to mention the dreaded T word anymore seen as I broke the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd love to see a reverse feud

Imagine if instead of the usual stuff we see in a title feud, we got the guy challenging for the title not caring at all for feuding with the champion

It would be great with Randy Orton for instance as the next challenger for Kofi, instead of Randy coming out and calling New Day this that and the other, have New Day do their stuff and call out Randy for a usual verbal beatdown but he just doesn't bother with any of it

We've seen rivalries filled with hate, I'd love to see one where one side just has apathy and does not care

I'd love to see a reverse feud

Imagine if instead of the usual stuff we see in a title feud, we got the guy challenging for the title not caring at all for feuding with the champion

It would be great with Randy Orton for instance as the next challenger for Kofi, instead of Randy coming out and calling New Day this that and the other, have New Day do their stuff and call out Randy for a usual verbal beatdown but he just doesn't bother with any of it

We've seen rivalries filled with hate, I'd love to see one where one side just has apathy and does not care

A perfect feud for Orange Cassidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    A perfect feud for Orange Cassidy.

As someone who doesn't follow the indies too closely, when I first saw that name I thought TNA had signed Big Cass and given him a New Jersey esque fake tan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

All Orton feuds have a large chunk of apathy from fans and the man himself.

As someone who doesn't follow the indies too closely, when I first saw that name I thought TNA had signed Big Cass and given him a New Jersey esque fake tan

I knew nothing about him either until Double or Nothing but his whole gimmick seems to be being apathetic about everything. I think it's hilarious...

https://i.imgur.com/xvseC6m.gifv

I'd love to see Kofi and The New Day suddenly turn full on heel and go black power.

I'd love to see Kofi and The New Day suddenly turn full on heel and go black power.

Their embryonic stages alluded to that with Woods as the mouthpiece saying they were held back.

Enzo was the last guy to make 205 Live even slightly relevant. You could add up all the "personality" on that show now and it still would be like watching paint dry.

• Advertisement

205 Live as a show is an hour too much for me. Just can't justify giving another 60 (well 45) mins to another show. I remember they used to be on RAW but always seemed like SD would've been a better fit.

I think they'd fair better as part of NXT's loop tbh. Smaller, more interested crowds. They'd also be able to have good showcase matches with it being taped and edited with the idea of maybe getting on a few Takeovers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't want to post in the divas non in ring thread without a picture but sweet jesus Cathy Kelley is looking savage in that gold dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bayley's wacky inflatable tube men have more personality about them than she does herself.

ImmenseContentGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've said it before, but there needs to be some rule in place to stop people from waiting outside the ring for long periods during Battle Royals/Royal Rumbles. Or not a rule, but just don't do it so often. It's so obvious what's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've said it before, but there needs to be some rule in place to stop people from waiting outside the ring for long periods during Battle Royals/Royal Rumbles. Or not a rule, but just don't do it so often. It's so obvious what's going to happen.

That stuff tends to work itself out naturally, if it gets overdone it becomes cliche and goes away for a few years and gets forgotten, until someone does it again and it gets over huge.

I'd like to see Sheamus get his Grand Slam and win the Intercontinental title squashing Demon Finn in ten seconds and killing off that stupid gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

I'd like to see Sheamus get his Grand Slam and win the Intercontinental title squashing Demon Finn in ten seconds and killing off that stupid gimmick.

Is that you Sheamus??

New Bray killing the Demon off for good might be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I thought Sheamus was pretty much done due to a case of Edgeneck?

Advertisement