Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is a pity that The Miz is a babyface now since I think he is a lot more deserving to be top heel of RAW than Baron Corbin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It is a pity that The Miz is a babyface now since I think he is a lot more deserving to be top heel of RAW than Baron Corbin.

Was just going to post that i'm sick and tired of Baron Corbin now. It's a sorry state that WWE is in, when they Baron Corbin in the main event scene. I echo Chris Jericho's comments recently about Baron Corbin not being ready for the main event. His feud with Seth Rollins is boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Has anyone else ever looked back at an old match they thought was a classic, only to be disappointed

Watched Angle vs Joe at Genesis 2006 in TNA, i remember it being a class match at the time and gave it a look last night but i was very disappointed, they had 2 other matches at that time but i cant be bothered now

The triple threat between Joe, AJ and Daniels at some ppv in 2005 is always a bloody unreal one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Has anyone else ever looked back at an old match they thought was a classic, only to be disappointed

Watched Angle vs Joe at Genesis 2006 in TNA, i remember it being a class match at the time and gave it a look last night but i was very disappointed, they had 2 other matches at that time but i cant be bothered now

The triple threat between Joe, AJ and Daniels at some ppv in 2005 is always a bloody unreal one though
    I don't watch any TNA matches with Mike Tenay & Don West on commentary. They were awful and the reason I stopped watching TNA not long after I started watching it.

It's like they were told "Stick to the script no matter what happens, shout constantly while also hyperventilating and if there is silence for more than 2 seconds all of your family members will be killed"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Having just watched the Alexa 365, I was wondering if she'll ever get her match with Trish and will we get another Evolution this year? They're still doing the Saudi shows which I'm sure was one reason they decided to do it last year and there's no PPV scheduled for October

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Having just watched the Alexa 365, I was wondering if she'll ever get her match with Trish and will we get another Evolution this year? They're still doing the Saudi shows which I'm sure was one reason they decided to do it last year and there's no PPV scheduled for October

I think, and I could be wrong, that they didn’t want to do another one without Ronda as the anchor for it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just do a smaller arena, I think they could fill 5-7K without Ronda.

Evolution was a decent PPV last year, it's worth another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It doesn't need to be an all women's PPV.

I'm pretty sure Trish would do it for the money on one of the big 4 PPV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

God I remember this so well then hating him when
    They him beat Jericho in his 1st ppv match

https://twitter.com/wwegp/status/1144321862584942593?s=21

Cena on his debut was like a create a wrestler in a video game on default mode before you change it to make him more interesting

He was floundering on the main roster and Stephanie vouched for him before he found his grove with the rapper gimmick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cena on his debut was like a create a wrestler in a video game on default mode before you change it to make him more interesting

He was floundering on the main roster and Stephanie vouched for him before he found his grove with the rapper gimmick
    Like a create a wrestler ? He was one. Wasn’t it he was about to be given his walking papers until he did a rap for Stephanie and they went with that.

Is he in full part time mode (oxymoron?) now, back for a PPV program now and again, or will we see him do a year or so of TV/PPVs again?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is he in full part time mode (oxymoron?) now, back for a PPV program now and again, or will we see him do a year or so of TV/PPVs again?

Who cena ? I honestly wouldn't care if I ever see him back on WWE TV again.

Owens using the stunner is stupid.

What really bugs me is when Conrad reads out reviews of matches and asks Bruce what he thinks of that review 99% of time he replies they don't know the story we are telling!

Well that is on you Bruce and the others in creative if we the viewer and the dirt sheet writers who are viewers as well are not seeing the story you say we should be seeing then you Bruce are telling it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was watching episode 3 of The Wrestlers and apart from wondering how they have a 14 year old wrestling the adults, it made me think of something. At one point someone was knocked loopy and didn't remember finishing the match. I hear this frequently enough, most recently Goldberg. Is it not dangerous to continue the match like this? I mean they could cause injuries either performing or taking a move. Yet the match seems to always be brought to a conclusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

It's incredible how the split between Cultaholic and WhatCulture has resulted in two God awful YouTube channels.

Simon Miller was and still is only only good thing about either before and after the split.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The current top selling wrestling book on Amazon is "The Death of WCW".

I'm guessing people aren't too enthused about Bishoff running another wrestling show.

It's incredible how the split between Cultaholic and WhatCulture has resulted in two God awful YouTube channels.

Cultaholic is a bit bland but I wouldnt call it awful, its very middle of the road inofensive content with minimal clickbait and top 10 lists like WC are churning out

They definitely miss Adam Blampied, he was the real spark when What Culture were getting big a few years back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Cultaholic is a bit bland but I wouldnt call it awful, its very middle of the road inofensive content with minimal clickbait and top 10 lists like WC are churning out

They definitely miss Adam Blampied, he was the real spark when What Culture were getting big a few years back
    They're both f*cking dirt. Clickbait and the whole lot now, lads above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Always thought them what culture lads were clowns, especially when they were booking cards & quickly put themselves on the wrong side of the camera there.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The current top selling wrestling book on Amazon is "The Death of WCW".

I'm guessing people aren't too enthused about Bishoff running another wrestling show.

Tbf wrestling books is a small demograph but that is a good one. Some unintentionally funny bits in it that I had to stop reading from laughing & googling if it happened.

Must get Nitro & read that after I finish Pillman's book which I'm just about to start.

Has Elias actually ever won a televised match?

I think Barry Horowitz might have a better win lose record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

cameltoe... WOW.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Something I was thinking when I watched AJ Styles heel turn on Raw. It would have been awesome if he gave Ricochet a low blow instead of just hitting him with his forearm.

That moment just before Styles turned, Ricochet was standing with his legs spread out, Styles could have turned around and kicked him in the nuts. The low blow would have made the heel turn more impactful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i never thought id say this as ive made my dislike of cody often here but right now he is a much more intriguing character and wrestler than kenny omega right now as kenny i dont know just seems to be spinning his wheels in his less than frequent matches this year

Yeah Cody is booking himself like his dad did but let’s hope Cody doesn’t get like 1988/89 dusty and things start to get stale and tired.

Also agree on Cody, feels like he is trying to carry himself as a star.

Omega, on the other hand, is dying his hair pink and cosplaying as Akuma from Tekken on one of their big shows. Give me a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

J. Marston wrote: »
    Also agree on Cody, feels like he is trying to carry himself as a star.

Omega, on the other hand, is dying his hair pink and cosplaying as Akuma from Tekken on one of their big shows. Give me a break.

It was a show at a fighting game convention and Kenny is a huge fighting game fan.

Also, wrestling is allowed to be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Also, wrestling is allowed to be fun.

Unless it’s WWE right ;)

Advertisement