Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,206 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If I was going to start collecting I would start with this

2024 AEW Jazwares Unrivaled Supreme Vault Exclusive Malakai Black

https://wrestlingfiguredatabase.com/products/aew-jazwares-unrivaled-supreme-jazwares-vault-exclusive-malakai-black

Pretty sick tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

For me, the character was great and enjoyed Wyatt's matches but getting to them was the slog with his part in a feud often being a lecture. Although the gimmick being undermined didn't help, like Rollins (IIRC?) attacking Wyatt in the Firefly Fun House and that Hell in a Cell DQ or whatever. I keep forgetting he was ever champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

There are mad prices. I reckon my most valuable one would be worth about 2k now but it is a signed figure.

Hasbros I actually have all my originals and just picking up loose ones I didn't have. Just got a Yokozuna Hambrook for like 8 quid. Ended up with a packaged Tommy Dreamers ECW San Francisco figure for like 2 quid. (Postage on both was about 15 quid though)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Must be some figure for 2k. I see a lot of Hasbro loose figures for around a tenner but the ones still in the pack are going for serious money

No idea who he is but that's some figure in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is that the Cody Rhodes 1/500 by any chance Sirsok? I've been buying and selling figures here as a fun side hustle here the last while and it's good fun and that's the only one I've seen that runs that much - I'm not up to date on the Hasbros though.

I'm currently bidding on a sealed Bret Hart hasbro. At about 150 quid at the minute

Where do you do the buying and selling? Might get into it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have an Ebay set up, also on FB groups like Wrestling Figures Anonymous and Collectors - WWE Elite as well as AEW Figs (though there's more or less no market for these anymore outside of the limited chases or vault figs unfortunately. Will set up on Mercari soon also as well as build my own site.

Also with my wrestling promotion I'll be getting guys in to sign figs like Black Taurus, Lince Dorado, Paul London, Riddle, Hammerstone and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just check there are going now for 1.6 k now...its a signed Ultimate Warrior, however I will add that one of my friends like smudged the signature thinking it wouldn't rub off. Broke my heart!

There an Irish page that has a community of figure collectors and sellers. Living in the US cherry must be awesome for figs on ebay. We get stung for p&p

• Advertisement

Whats the Irish page of figure collectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭briany

Would Trevor Murdoch not ever take another run in WWE or AEW? He's got a great background, having been trained by Harley Race, and has been NWA champion. Has a great look, too. Certainly not a photogenic individual in the way that Seth Rollins is, but he 'looks like a wrestler', as Bret Hart said about Kevin Owens, although I would say more so for Murdoch. Just a big rough, tough looking man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becks did well on the Late Late. Kielty also managed to be respectful about wrestling while not being a fan as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Petermc83

that’s the late late and Tommy tiernan in a year for Becky.
    nice to see some main stream recognition for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Mariah May has the best headbutt in wrestling.

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WWE definitely cooling a bit since mania 40 and AEW on the up since mania ended too.

2024 might not end up being the tearaway success wwe were hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No such thing as a good headbutt in wrestling.

A move id happily be fine with if banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Aye, no more than unprotected chair shots and knowing what we know now re CTE, there shouldn't be any place for them in modern wrestling.

The flying headbutt would have caused Benoit untold damage throughout his career one can imagine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

25 years ago tonight this happened.

Austin saves Stephanie from taker. Talking about chair shots, mideon got a snug one from austin. I did like this version of the undertaker.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Finished Ronda's book there. You can tell she initially had a huge grá for wrestling but it got absolutely torched by poor management. Her second run in particular (which was a complete dumpster fire) was supposed to go very differently with a match with Becky at Mania 39 and her finishing up as she did putting Shayna over at Summerslam.

But for whatever reasons they just never followed through with anything they promised her with when she re-signed. She trashes Vince and Pritchard in particular repeatedly. Seemed to get on with a lot of the girls in the back too as she mentions Liv and Raquel in particular a lot (Shayna obviously as well).

It wasn't as good as Becky's but it's probably their personalities more than anything, Becky comes across as much more bubbly and good craic whereas Ronda is very stoic and serious. A lot of the earlier coaching she mentions regarding judo and MMA does not paint it in the best light at all, I'd say there was definitely mental abuse at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

it’s 25 years ago today that the pilot episode of smackdown aired on UPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder would NJPW consider ever licencing the use of Bullet Club to WWE so they could have a Bullet Club faction there as well.

Two former Bullet Club leaders in Devitt & AJ along with Gallows & Anderson, Tama & Tanga and Cody & Brandi.

It would probably nail down Bullet Club as the greatest fraction of all time if there was a faction of it in WWE.

They would sell a shed load more merch the Bullet Club tee sales are only behind Austin 3:16 and NWO in all time tee sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

It would be an interesting one.

I don't think NJPW even license it to AEW anymore, it seems the just go by the Bang Bang Gang now instead of BC Gold.

I'm not sure WWE would bother with it, the time to do it would have been when AJ and Gallows and Anderson debuted. A BC invasion could have been class. I think at this point though WWE have botched it after so many half-arsed iterations of 'the Club' and teases of former members joining forces, etc. I don't know if people will care enough anymore. They'd probably just make their own version of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This image was posted in the funny wrestling pics thread...

Nash is right. Its not about how many flips you do but money. All it ever is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's not about money either, or it shouldn't be for a fan at least. It's not like we get to spend what's in their contracts. It should be about entertainment and impact and the overall package if you're debating the merits of wrestlers.

For instance, Angle is mentioned that tweet like he's "behind" Ospreay. Angle is the ultimate full package in wrestling. Even something silly like Angle's "I love to play with boys" promo brought more entertainment and joy to more people than any interchangeable Ospreay 14 star banger ever will and Angle could do all those banger graps on top of being one of wrestling's greatest entertainers. Ospreay isn't capable of that, he is just moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,629 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I dunno, I think Ospreay has plenty of room for entertainment beyond 'just moves'. The amount of storytelling and character he puts through in a match is huge - that Ospreay Omega Part 2 match being a great example. So so much more going on there than just a great fight.

He's a great talker and hugely charismatic - his current role and character doesn't suit slapstick silliness, but maybe another iteration down the line might. He's playing his current role of 'cocky wrestling-machine bursting into AEW' perfectly.

There's also no shame in not matching one of the absolute best all rounders ever - his ceiling in every part of the game is still very high regardless.

its only a small thing.. but why dont any of the WWE title holders actually wear the title around their waist anymore?? Throwing it over their shoulder all the time as they walk around and swapping it from shoulder to shoulder annoys the hell out of me..

Cody is prime example of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Caught up with last week's Smackdown and never knew how small Carmello is. He looked quite smaller in both height and build compared to Randy. Do believe he came up to Randy's chin. Always thought he was bigger for some reason.

Advertisement