Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

isnt khan just another dixie carter and using his parents money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

This is only my opinion. Only my prediction so it ain't worth jack but I think in the next 10 years you are going to have some Saudi promotion. While it may start out only running shows in Saudi it will expand.

Judging by their tastes it will be a WWE retirement home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

montyrebel wrote: »

That’s probably unfair, he does have a large degree of cop on of his own. But nobody is putting how the Khans actually run their existing organisations under scrutiny. Fulham, for example: last season they threw millions at high profile, quick fix solutions (sound familiar?), it didn’t work immediately with high stakes for failure, they sacked two managers within a season and went down with a whimper. So what can we learn? They throw money at things and expect instant solutions to difficult objectives instead of building patiently, they’ve very little loyalty/patience for failure and will chop and change on a whim and their sports teams aren’t very successful or well run on balance. Wrestling is SUCH a different beast to any other kind of sport, it pretty much has its own language like, there’s a LOT to it and just being a fan doesn’t prepare you in the slightest. Just being a billionaire doesn’t either, it just buys you people who are happy to take your money.

None of this is being discussed and it’s mental. In any other field, people get this scrutiny. Think the media going through how Roman Abramovich got his money when he took over Chelsea, or when Fenway took over Liverpool, or fans protesting when the Glazers bought Man Utd. But these questions don’t get asked because people either don’t understand/care about sport enough to ask them or because they’re reliant on Meltzer, who’s mates with these people, to do so and he’s just not going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Without going into the AEW thread for fear of spoilers, where can one watch Dynamite now its aired?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Without going into the AEW thread for fear of spoilers, where can one watch Dynamite now its aired?

Full show on ITV4 11.20pm fridays and 8:20am sunday while clip show monday.

*edit*
    I am not sure if ITV4 are showing it this week oddly enough. Listings say they are showing a Death Wish movie at 11:20pm Friday (surely they will) It is listed for Sunday morning tho.

As an alternative you can always use Fite app and pay 4.99 per month. Watch it whenever you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

As an alternative you can always use Fite app and pay 4.99 per month. Watch it whenever you want.

It's 5.49, guess that's an Irish tax :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beakerjoe wrote: »

Meant to be on the ITV hub from Tonight too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Full show on ITV4 11.20pm fridays and 8:20am sunday while clip show monday.

*edit*
    I am not sure if ITV4 are showing it this week oddly enough. Listings say they are showing a Death Wish movie at 11:20pm Friday (surely they will) It is listed for Sunday morning tho.

It's listed as airing on ITV's site and tvguide.co.uk. Probably some sites aren't updated.
    Looking at the Death Wish listing, they do that annoying thing where they take a break to do an entertainment update. Hope they don't do that during AEW.
    Off topic, I know, but the Sony Movie Channel does it as well, so if recording you have to record both parts. Because people watching films like Death Wish 2 or Lethal Weapon 3 (tonight) really want an entertainment update. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Is it true you can record ITV4 on virgin? Someone told me this yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

montyrebel wrote: »

Difference is, Khan has been a lifelong fan, with a genuine love for the business. His interview with Jericho is well worth a listen. He was a tape trader back in the day, and can tell you dates and locations for matches, just off the top of his head. Encyclopedic knowledge of wrestling past

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Is it true you can record ITV4 on virgin? Someone told me this yesterday

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone going to the bret hart inside the ropes ??

Looking forward to it next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone going to the bret hart inside the ropes ??

Looking forward to it next Thursday

If there's any spare tickets going for this can someone hit me up?

Why do they insist on saying everyone's nickname, or whatever you want to call it, every time. Like they couldn't just say "The Fiend" or "Wyatt" last night. They had to keep saying "The Fiend Bray Wyatt". Well I know why, but it's the fact they do that but then shorten wrestler's actual names like Andrade and Cesaro. Though they gave Harper and Rowan back their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nakamura looks like a wrestler you'd see in a pub.

His gear looks cheap as hell and doesn't even look like it fits him properly. Everything about him screams "don't care". Go away.

Poor Allister Black is not getting anything

A move back to NXT might be best for him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why do they insist on saying everyone's nickname, or whatever you want to call it, every time. Like they couldn't just say "The Fiend" or "Wyatt" last night. They had to keep saying "The Fiend Bray Wyatt". Well I know why, but it's the fact they do that but then shorten wrestler's actual names like Andrade and Cesaro. Though they gave Harper and Rowan back their names.

If Fox are gonna be pushing for a more sports like feel then hopefully some of the lads have their names changed back. Shortening a name works for some but someone like Andrade has a great long name for Greg Hamilton to really belt out when introducing him. Can still call him Andrade in interviews and commentary but Andrade doesn't have that big fight feel compared to Andrade Cien Almas when being introduced.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Poor Allister Black is not getting anything

A move back to NXT might be best for him

Not his fault no one will knock on his door.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Not his fault no one will knock on his door.

Does anyone knock on doors anymore, a doorbell is what he needs, something with a catchy jingle.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Does anyone knock on doors anymore, a doorbell is what he needs, something with a catchy jingle.

They could just find him on social media and give him an owl 'I'm outside now'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Allister Black despite all his tattoos is one of the most vanilla wrestlers around.

He is like a generic built wrestler from WWE2kwhatever that some kid when mad on with the tattoo art.

Allister Black despite all his tattoos is one of the most vanilla wrestlers around.

He’s not a midget at least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nakamura looks like a wrestler you'd see in a pub.

His gear looks cheap as hell and doesn't even look like it fits him properly. Everything about him screams "don't care". Go away.

WWE has a well known hatred of pleather for many years :p
    I've seen way worse than Nakamura's on the indies. But yeah. It really (overall) doesn't scream cool, looking superstar gear wearing pleather.

Why is it the fans "What?" Asuka and Kairi for speaking Japanese, yet everyone can seemingly understand Spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why is it the fans "What?" Asuka and Kairi for speaking Japanese, yet everyone can seemingly understand Spanish?

Big Hispanic population in America and Spanish is an easier language to learn than Japanese so a large percentage of the crowd probably understand what is being said.

I cannot stand the "What?" chant though. One of the things they should teach in the Performance Centre is to speak in a cadence that minimises the chance of it happening. Joe is especially good at rattling off intense promos with no pauses. Becky too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Big Hispanic population in America and Spanish is an easier language to learn than Japanese so a large percentage of the crowd probably understand what is being said.

I cannot stand the "What?" chant though.One of the things they should teach in the Performance Centre is to speak in a cadence that minimises the chance of it happening. Joe is especially good at rattling off intense promos with no pauses. Becky too.
    Yeah for all the good stone cold austin gave us the fans in both great matches and moments, the what chant is one thing he won't be thanked for.

I cannot stand the "What?" chant though.One of the things they should teach in the Performance Centre is to speak in a cadence that minimises the chance of it happening. Joe is especially good at rattling off intense promos with no pauses. Becky too.
    Yeah for all the good stone cold austin gave us the fans in both great matches and moments, the what chant is one thing he won't be thanked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The irony of you repeating that post is fantastic.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It wasn't intentional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Omackeral wrote: »
    It wasn't intentional.

tenor.gif

Sorry :pac:

Advertisement