Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's mad how some departments are so good, like their video packages, and then you have crap like that

Cain Velasquez looked ridiculous in the poster for Crown Jewel

• Registered Users Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nikki looks like she stepped out of the new WWE game in that it would be hard to tell it's her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Did WCW air on UTV in the early 90s?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,561 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did WCW air on UTV in the early 90s?

Ye in the early 90's at about 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

not sure whether it was utv or itv but remember watching wcw on sat afternoons after knightrider and baywatch and before watching the footy scores coming in

• Advertisement

Yeah WCW aired on UTV and before that it aired as NWA. I'm sure I remember staying up late to watch it. Maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe it moved from late night tv to Saturday afternoon.

Edit: From a quick google
    Beginning in 1991, WCW WorldWide was broadcast in the UK on the ITV network originally overnight at 1 or 2 a.m. alongside other U.S. imports such as American Gladiators and America's Top Ten. In spring of 1992 however, it was also broadcast in local British Wrestling's old Saturday afternoon slot. In late 1995, however, the show was moved back to the late night slot and disappeared from the network.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCW_WorldWide

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I knw it probably wont happen anytime soon but would love live see Eric Bischoff go into the wwe hall of fame

with the brand war for Survivor Series its going to be interesting how they will work with recently new NXT guys who went to the main roster. Ricochet, Allister Black, Andrade, Nikki Cross etc

Will they try and side with there NXT brothers and sisters ??

I doubt it. Out of those guys, I don't think any had onscreen allies in NXT. Black and Ricochet were a team, Nikki was pretty much a loner and Andrade was a heel.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I doubt it. Out of those guys, I don't think any had onscreen allies in NXT. Black and Ricochet were a team, Nikki was pretty much a loner and Andrade was a heel.

Daddy Triple H could be in there ear

• Advertisement

If it was a proper invasion angle like WCW/ECW, maybe, but for a 3 week storyline, it's not worth it. Though this is WWE so planning like that isn't what they're known for.
    Could have NXT guys come to the rescue of former NXT guys, then turn on them.
    The other option is to do a call up at Survivor Series by having someone from NXT turning on his/her team and joining one of the other brands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Why do so many wrestlers make the worst t-shirts

Would anyone wear this

https://twitter.com/pwtees/status/1191429301712896002?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Honestly thought that Cody shirt was a joke.. it’s so outrageously tacky and seems to fit with his personality as he comes across as a bit of a cocky knob

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    Why do so many wrestlers make the worst t-shirts

Would anyone wear this

https://twitter.com/pwtees/status/1191429301712896002?s=21
    TimesArrow wrote: »
    Honestly thought that Cody shirt was a joke.. it’s so outrageously tacky and seems to fit with his personality as he comes across as a bit of a cocky knob

Yet it'll sell like absolute crazy...........

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yet it'll sell like absolute crazy...........

I really hope I never see anyone wear that

Well it's right anyway. If anyone talks to you while wearing that, they're likely be saying "Uhh, What the hell are you wearing?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

He knows exactly what he's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,561 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus people will find anything to complain about even t-shirts.

Pro Wrestling Tees was built off the back of The Elite selling t-shirts if they put a steaming pile of sh1te on a t-shirt it would sell.

They know what they are doing and they know the market they are selling too.

Jaysus people will find anything to complain about even t-shirts.

Pro Wrestling Tees was built off the back of The Elite selling t-shirts if they put a steaming pile of sh1te on a t-shirt it would sell.

They know what they are doing and they know the market they are selling too.

The elite t shirts were generally good tho this on the other hand is not

sky88 wrote: »
    The elite t shirts were generally good tho this on the other hand is not

Eh it's all down to the individual really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was listening to rhea ripley on Lillian Garcia's podcast last night and the fact she is only 23 is nuts. I mean she bloody amazing already and she's got years ahead of her provided she stays injury free. It's the one good(if it is good) that Tegan nox had those horrible knee injuries so young as she only 24 and could easily wresltle for another decade at least.

Dakota Kia is 31 though. I assumed she was similar age to Tegan nox and those girls.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I was listening to rhea ripley on Lillian Garcia's podcast last night and the fact she is only 23 is nuts. I mean she bloody amazing already and she's got years ahead of her provided she stays injury free. It's the one good(if it is good) that Tegan nox had those horrible knee injuries so young as she only 24 and could easily wresltle for another decade at least.

Dakota Kia is 31 though. I assumed she was similar age to Tegan nox and those girls.

i never would have Dakota is that age always assumed she was 25 or 26

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Been watching some classic Stone Cold Steve Austin clips and came across these gems. That feud with Steve Austin and Booker T was so entertaining back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

So funny seeing people losing it on Twitter because Jericho interviewed Donald Trump Jr. for Talk is Jericho.
    Don't they understand Jericho is the best heel in the business?
    But seriously, what a get for Jericho. Stopped listening to his show a long time ago, but will listen for this.
    If anyone knows how to get the most out of the son of a billionaire, it's Jericho...

Eh he's had better guests on his podcast IMO, (then again I couldn't really care about Trump or those closest to him), and I don't know enough to care why he decided talk to Don Jr, though interest is piqued in how the one recorded with Trump Jr goes down.....

Eh he's had better guests on his podcast IMO, (then again I couldn't really care about Trump or those closest to him), and I don't know enough to care why he decided talk to Don Jr, though interest is piqued in how the one recorded with Trump Jr goes down.....

Don Jr. has a new book out called "Triggered" (make of that what you will) so I imagine he is promoting that. Bound to be some talk of his father's involvement in wrestling over the years. Very much looking forward to hearing this.
    And fair play to Jericho for having the guts to have Don Jr. on when he must have known he would get Twitter heat. Although the twitter world is far removed from the real one, some people seem to forget or don't realise that. Good for Jericho.

sirmanga wrote: »
    Don Jr. has a new book out called "Triggered" (make of that what you will) so I imagine he is promoting that. Bound to be some talk of his father's involvement in wrestling over the years. Very much looking forward to hearing this.
    And fair play to Jericho for having the guts to have Don Jr. on when he must have known he would get Twitter heat. Although the twitter world is far removed from the real one, some people seem to forget or don't realise that. Good for Jericho.

That word has lost all meaning ever since American politics mutated into an absolute **** show, I say that from the outside looking in, though interesting choice for a book title.

As for Twitter, it doesn't take too much to divide people on that platform, lob a figurative grenade about any kind of touchy topic and just wait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

hqdefault.jpg

Can remember nothing about it but just came across it. What an odd match.

As for Twitter, it doesn't take too much to divide people on that platform, lob a figurative grenade about any kind of touchy topic and just wait :pac:

And it seems everyone, especially celebrities, are not allowed be aplotical on Twitter (and other social media platforms). Staying out of it even draws heat on you. If a celebrity says they don't want to talk politics, they are called a closested right winger. You can't win.

Jericho could interview Barrack Obama next week to balance things out and he would still never be forgiven by some of these Twitter people for having the President's son on his podcast.

Also, you have weirdos like Jim Cornette calling for a boycott on AEW because the Khan family donated money to Trump's campaign. Jeez, some people need to get a life.

• Advertisement

Advertisement