Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

That Broken Skull Session with Austin and Taker was brilliant the best thing the WWE have done in years.

I could have watched and listened to them talk for another couple of hours.

Same! I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Best thing to come out of the network in a LONG time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

saw half of interview last night second part now...watching austin for years guy does interviews so well...love the jack daniels touch of it being a shot per change of topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Absolutely brilliant interview would have listened for hours

Highly recommend the sting untold too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

sky88 wrote: »

Highly recommend the sting untold too

didnt know that was out,saw it as promo watching raw last week..thought it was for new documentrys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

As much as I like the character I think they’ve booked the fiend a bit too strongly so far, the amount of no-selling is ridiculous and it’s hard to believe any in-ring move could put him away now

Best way to have him lose at this stage would be in a last man standing match or similar

Roman will probably pin him clean though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

NDWC wrote: »
    As much as I like the character I think they’ve booked the fiend a bit too strongly so far, the amount of no-selling is ridiculous and it’s hard to believe any in-ring move could put him away now

Best way to have him lose at this stage would be in a last man standing match or similar

Roman will pin him clean against all the odds of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

NDWC wrote: »

I've no issue with the character really, it's the red light that HAS to go. It's distracting and adds nothing.

And just to add to the sting untold there is a new day of documentary about the draft and the old behind the scenes stuff is as usual very good.

For all the criticism of WWE for its in ring product recently the one thing WWE has always done very well is the documentaries and the look of the TV and PPVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aleister Black should be the man to end The Fiend. I've fantasy booked the shìt out of it in my head.

Black is the antithesis to The Fiend. Both struggling with their demons but Black is in control of his while Bray is completely lost with his. One measured and controlled, the other frantic and chaotic.

Anyway, the match should start with Black dispelling the red light (because it's shìt and annoying) and to defeat to The Fiend, a Black Mass should actually shatter the mask or knock it off Bray. Then another Black Mass to finish off an exposed Bray. The image of Bray shocked and vulnerable through a half broken mask would be awesome.

Sign me up, Vince. This is good shìt.

Jim Cornette getting canned has really messed up the NWA power this week. It looks like a quickly put together recap with an empty studio and only one match so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just Realised the Stone Cold Stunner is probably a call back to his old name "Stunning" Steve Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,565 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So just looking at Alicia Taylor the NXT ring announcer is/was a drummer for Kate Nash who also stars in GLOW as Britannica. I find that very random.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭briany

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jim Cornette getting canned has really messed up the NWA power this week. It looks like a quickly put together recap with an empty studio and only one match so far.

At least that match featured the NWA's hottest talent right now - ?.

So just looking at Alicia Taylor the NXT ring announcer is/was a drummer for Kate Nash who also stars in GLOW as Britannica. I find that very random.

Couldn't believe that was the same Kate Nash when I started watching Glow. She had a handful of really catchy songs.

Sarah Schrieber the backstage interviewer has performed at Carnegie Hall I think it was and has acted in some well known shows. My point is that the female interviewer have more to bring to the table than looks. Meltzer could have phrased his comments way better as yes wrestling will always be an image business but he could have phrased it better.

Big Dave and Wee Dana are having a great flirt on twitter.

Then Punk got involved and fans boys took over the timelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cain Velasquez speaks perfect English but how come WWE didnt let him speak it for his appearances

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Batista and Dana Brookes Twitter exchange > Lana, Bobby Lashley & Rusev's love triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cain Velasquez speaks perfect English but how come WWE didnt let him speak it for his appearances

So does Ron Mysterious, and both are actually Americans. But that Latino audience tho

• Advertisement

A bit long but here's a profile on the first WWE President ever from a great site (not mine) on wrestling history. Very instrumental in the early years of WWE
    (when the company was called Capitol Wrestling) as he helped Vince Sr. expand into NYC. http://www.legacyofwrestling.com/GilzenbergBio.html
    Lithium93_ wrote:
    Batista and Dana Brookes Twitter exchange > Lana, Bobby Lashley & Rusev's love triangle.

Pure gold! Had me chuckling.

I keep forgetting Smackdown is on Fridays now. Almost zero interest in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if it'll be a skeleton crew tonight due to the holidays.

It’s 20 years today since triple h interrupted the wedding of Stephanie and test on raw and was an utter lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Have this on in the background, the kids are watching it. The Viking raiders are a great tag team. Serious movement from the big guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Is Roman Reigns ever going to stop wearing the Shield wrestling attire? Or is he going to end up like John Cena. Wearing the same attire his whole career. I mean you look at Jon Moxley and Seth Rollins who have at least changed their attire but Reigns has not.

I'm glad Baron Corbin has changed his attire though. But I'm starting to think WWE is deliberately making Baron and Roman wear those outfits to hide the bodies. Not that I think there is anything wrong with the way they look but their physiques probably don't match up to WWE's expectations.

Russo needs a job back on creative,

Not as a lead writer or anything but as a writer for the mid and lower card, The one thing the WWF had with him there back in the 90's was everyone who was on TV had a story line.

The roster was just as bloated then as well however everyone was in a story line.

Now 90% of guys just appear on TV for no rhyme or reason at all.

Riddle101 wrote:
    Is Roman Reigns ever going to stop wearing the Shield wrestling attire? Or is he going to end up like John Cena. Wearing the same attire his whole career. I mean you look at Jon Moxley and Seth Rollins who have at least changed their attire but Reigns has not.

I'm glad Baron Corbin has changed his attire though. But I'm starting to think WWE is deliberately making Baron and Roman wear those outfits to hide the bodies. Not that I think there is anything wrong with the way they look but their physiques probably don't match up to WWE's expectations.

Read once that he asked and Vince said no. Don't know if it's true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Russo needs a job back on creative,

Not as a lead writer or anything but as a writer for the mid and lower card, The one thing the WWF had with him there back in the 90's was everyone who was on TV had a story line.

The roster was just as bloated then as well however everyone was in a story line.

Now 90% of guys just appear on TV for no rhyme or reason at all.

There’s no way to know who does what exactly, but from everything we hear the process there has completely changed so you’re just not going to get back to what worked then (and trying to do so will only make it look like a cheap imitation, see Rusev/Lashley’s Attitude Era-style storyline). Russo has failed many times since his time with WWE, and his views and instincts based on his social media content aren’t in-sync with what connects in 2019. He’s a guy with a history of failure and pretty much guarantees a future scandal in the same way you could see the Cornette/NWA stuff coming ahead of time. I think he’s exactly where he should be in 2019.

The problem now with WWE is over-saturation. There’s too many hours with too many talents that you’ll never get that kind of hard direction because it’s too big of a job to reasonably achieve. If you can focus the entire company on putting on 2-4 hours of quality TV per week, that’s an achievable goal. If you’re producing 10+ hours, law of averages alone says 4-5 of them are going to be bad/filler. The strategy they have of breaking up the roster and assigning specific writing teams is the best strategy on paper. But for all those things to click at the same time is a huge ask and expectation: it’s asking one company to essentially produce 4-5 successful, independent weekly TV shows at the same time. Doing one is a huge accomplishment. You’d be better off accepting that it won’t ever be the way it was before, that this is the new normal (and that that normal makes business sense) and making a decision from there.

• Advertisement

Jaysus you take someones random thoughts way to seriously.

Advertisement