Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Corre must surely be in the running for worst WWE stable in history. Absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What about the league of nations.??

Great idea on paper but it bombed

No matter how bad their follow through is now it's still better than back then. So many good ideas came to nothing in the period 2007-2015 due to Vince not bothering his arse.

In the last 4 years they've at least put up the pretense of putting talent to the forefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Corre must surely be in the running for worst WWE stable in history. Absolutely brutal.

What about The Welcoming Committee?

I won't blame you if you don't even remember them despite it being relatively recent.

J. Marston wrote: »
    What about The Welcoming Committee?

I won't blame you if you don't even remember them despite it being relatively recent.

They're definitely in the running too, had to Google them. Was wondering how I had no recollection of a wrestling stable then saw they were a part of the Smackdown Live era so no surprise they're not fondly remembered.

Rollins' suicide dive aka lazy leaping shove annoys me. It is such a nothing move. The fact he does it twice in a row only heightens the annoyance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rollins' suicide dive aka lazy leaping shove annoys me. It is such a nothing move. The fact he does it twice in a row only heightens the annoyance.

I’d actually go one further and say the suicide dive is the most over used move in wrestling and so very few actually do it well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Shamelessly stolen from other pro wrestling forums.....
    But has anyone noticed Bayleys ass is getting bigger recently? :pac:

And that's a good thing! :pac:

Example picture strictly for scientific purposes lol

ziednqdab4241.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

007~6.jpg

If only we could see her in a wrestling ring

Lawrence Taylor and Mr. T have appeared in more Wrestlemania main events than Kane, CM Punk, Sting and Ric Flair. Still time for Punk to change that, hopefully none of the others though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60,565 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bam Bam Bigelow was so damm good and had the greatest look of any wrestler ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Lawrence Taylor and Mr. T have appeared in more Wrestlemania main events than Kane, CM Punk, Sting and Ric Flair. Still time for Punk to change that, hopefully none of the others though :P

Punk is more likely than the others at this juncture. Taylor was one of the better celeb appearances though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Samoa Joe is so damn good. He should have had a much better career then he got. In TNA he was great when he first arrived but then for some reason TNA started misusing him and he was never the same again. In WWE he has also been consistently good and has even managed to give Brock Lesnar a run for his money, yet he still has not won a world title. I would love for him to come back and win the royal rumble and then go on to win the WWE/Universal Championship at Wrestlemania. I doubt it will happen but that's what I want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Samoa Joe is so damn good. He should have had a much better career then he got. In TNA he was great when he first arrived but then for some reason TNA started misusing him and he was never the same again. In WWE he has also been consistently good and has even managed to give Brock Lesnar a run for his money, yet he still has not won a world title. I would love for him to come back and win the royal rumble and then go on to win the WWE/Universal Championship at Wrestlemania. I doubt it will happen but that's what I want to see.

Looks like Vince has a stiffy for him on commentary now which is bad news. Way too early for the Macho Man treatment unless he's hurt.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.onlineworldofwrestling.com%2Fpictures%2Ft%2Ftorriewilson%2F13.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

How do you think Nidia felt that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Looks like Vince has a stiffy for him on commentary now which is bad news. Way too early for the Macho Man treatment unless he's hurt.

If there's nothing really worthwhile for him to do in the ring he's probably better off doing commentary for the time being. Honestly I'd actually send him back to NXT, at least there he'll have people like Dijakovic, Lee, UE and Dream when he returns to feud with.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

It's a good way to keep him on TV especially it's a role he's good at.

I was liking Dio in that co commentary role.

Joe is doing a great job as well.

Hopefully Dio returns and it leads to a fued with Joe or Brock.

Not many guys that are built as big as Brock and can look down on him a small bit.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-04-at-7.39.11-PM-900x480.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Apparently he’s struggling with a thumb injury that isn’t healing like they would hope.

So commentating keeps him up front and centre.

Just saw John Cena has been the face of a vodka brand for the last year. Not very PG.

Just saw John Cena has been the face of a vodka brand for the last year. Not very PG.

Cena has become what The Rock is, a high ranking freemason. That's why they have their own brands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Not sure how I feel about this "Super Humman" fella on YouTube.
    A guy who either has no brains or is working people into thinking he's dumb that uploads videos of him being put through barbed-wire, Light-tubes, and things that just generally hurt.
    Maybe it's just me being sensitive but I'm just not a fan of viewers and people like Joey Janela encouraging him being an idiot, regardless of whether he actually is one or not.

There's a guy on Reddit who does "Evolution of........" videos for wrestlers chronicling their careers in a music video format. They're quite well done. List of all the ones he's done so far...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/e7qr7j/evolution_of_orange_cassidy/fa306ch/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A guy who either has no brains or is working people into thinking he's dumb that uploads videos of him being put through barbed-wire, Light-tubes, and things that just generally hurt.
    Maybe it's just me being sensitive but I'm just not a fan of viewers and people like Joey Janela encouraging him being an idiot, regardless of whether he actually is one or not.

An idiot. Through and through.
    Dislike people like that too. If you feel a need to do wrestling stuff then go to a poxy wrestling school. Thousands of them out there. While you're there learn how to actual wrestle instead of this backyard lunatic crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

just googled him there

first impression is that he isnt all there in a mental capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

just googled him there

first impression is that he isnt all there in a mental capacity

think he also start using the n word other day on instagram live so prob not the best person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Irony wrestling is the dirt worst and Super Humman being booked on shows falls into that category.

Kayla doing John Morrison entrance on The Bump yesterday was awesome can't find a full gif of it :(

ezgif-4-4018e9f957c9.gif

Saw a great stat on Reddit.

2019 will the first year since 2001 where there hasn't been a John Cena PPV match.

His last PPV match was Super Showdown in October 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

2019 will the first year since 2001 where there hasn't been a John Cena PPV match.

What if he takes up the Viking Raiders open challenge and becomes tag champions on his own

🎺 🎺 🎺 🎺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That stat is bollox, he hasnt been on a PPV in ages

I dont know about others but I sure didn't see him

Advertisement