Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Omackeral wrote: »
    Others wouldn't be that sound.

That's true, it just comes off as creepy. The potential Rollins had his hood up, eyes down, didn't look up for being recognised at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Others wouldn't be that sound.

Unfortunately it's a iffy side of wreslting fans. Wrestlers are people too and when not working they are just as entitled to not be disturbed like we all are. I think it was randy Orton who was trying to figure out the weird network that fans seem to have and how they know what flights they are on. He asked the question on twitter if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's a iffy side of wreslting fans. Wrestlers are people too and when not working they are just as entitled to not be disturbed like we all are. I think it was randy Orton who was trying to figure out the weird network that fans seem to have and how they know what flights they are on. He asked the question on twitter if memory serves.

It's an iffy side of being a fan of anything in this day and age, not just professional wrestling.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's an iffy side of being a fan of anything in this day and age, not just professional wrestling.

I agree given that fan is short for fanatic but to me(and that's my opinion) it's more visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Do u say Becky will resign with wwe or leave and maybe do something else like acting ???

Be a big shock if she went to AEW. You have to remember the whole Dean Ambrose saga where he didnt resign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure she's already signed our about to sign. Usually when it's part of a storyline, a deal has already been done

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm sure she's already signed our about to sign. Usually when it's part of a storyline, a deal has already been done

Ambrose wasn't

Wait and see I suppose in terms of Becky's. Was Is left for her to do really ??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Do u say Becky will resign with wwe or leave and maybe do something else like acting ???

Be a big shock if she went to AEW. You have to remember the whole Dean Ambrose saga where he didnt resign

Ambrose was floundering in mid card awfulness. Becky is arguably their most protected star.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ambrose wasn't

Stay in a job and make loads of money and stay over with fans and be on the road with her other half. Why would she leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just a minor nitpick, the resign you used is implying that Becky might quit the WWE, but we all know she won't, and she'll probably re-sign or sign another contract.

The hyphen between the e & s is crucial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ambrose wasn't

To quote the late & great Bobby Heenan "It's all about the money" and "It's all about an ass every 18 inches" (seats)
    You play the game by 'faking passion' on the surface but in reality it's all about the money. Just like any other job out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Stay in a job and make loads of money and stay over with fans and be on the road with her other half. Why would she leave?

Plus, AEW doesn't care about their womens division. It just feels like filler every single week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ambrose wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ambrose was unhappy for his own reasons, according to the show he did with Jericho largely because he didn’t look ‘cool’. Even the people he came up with in WWE disagreed, so it’s a massive stretch to compare his situation in any way to Becky’s. Two people can work in the same company in similar circumstances and both have valid but opposing views on their job. The lad I sit beside most days in work, and get on well with, doesn’t like his job and I like it and we’re doing the exact same thing. I see his point just see it differently myself. But I think people buy into Meltzer’s “everyone is dying to go to leave and go to AEW” line a bit too much.

If I had the choice, AEW seems a really fun, rewarding place to work, but still I’d take WWE and everything else they offer any day. Plus if things don’t work out in WWE, there’s a decent shot you can get a good spot in AEW right off the bat (see Ambrose being in main events). Whereas the other way around means you’re starting from the bottom again essentially. It’s objectively a better choice, but individual circumstances that are totally valid can change that.

Of course she will stay in WWE. Why would she leave ? To use the old territory saying Becky is figured in. She'd need her head examined if she left WWE now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Of course she will stay in WWE. Why would she leave ? To use the old territory saying Becky is figured in. She'd need her head examined if she left WWE now.

Which just makes the current angle of threatening to quit even more cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is it a quitting threat?

Listening to Post Wrestling's Raw review and they framed it as though she's banking on herself. She won't sign a new contract until she gets the match she wants but she could lose and that lowers her status as the "golden goose" and the contract won't be as lucrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is it a quitting threat?
    Listening to Post Wrestling's Raw review and they framed it as though she's banking on herself. She won't sign a new contract until she gets the match she wants but she could lose and that lowers her status as the "golden goose" and the contract won't be as lucrative.
    I understood it this way too

Ah we all know the score. WWE doesn't benefit from continuing to push a talent as they finish up. It's a bookers play as old as pro wrestling was a thing itself.

If a talent is not resigning you finish them up. Usually well before the contract expires. Many a guy has been taken off TV as they were leaving. You don't give them angles.

Jericho once famously said how he was jobbed out 6 months in advance of leaving WCW as he was going to WWE in August 1999. So these.

Apparently Jinder Mahal is getting a massive character makeover ???. Supposedly as big as Bray Wyatts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Apparently Jinder Mahal is getting a massive character makeover ???. Supposedly as big as Bray Wyatts

Another punjabi playboy gimmick

Bring Khali back too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot Jinder was there

Another punjabi playboy gimmick

Bring Khali back too

Maybe a rich business man gimmick similar to JBL

The ol' rasslin is supposed to be big in India. Maybe he will come back as something that will be an Indian pop culture reference.

He'll be like Otom Shanks. India's answer to Brian Dennehy I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

He will be a guru won't he? A self help guru, mascarading as a helper but actually being sinister. All the rage nowadays sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

The Indian Devils Advocate

That gimmick had so much promise for Sean O'Haire, I remember the promos were really good

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That time of year again, usually kicked off by now.

Is there much appetite for the annual PW Draft folks? I'd be willing to run it if there was interest.

The ol' rasslin is supposed to be big in India. Maybe he will come back as something that will be an Indian pop culture reference.

He'll be like Otom Shanks. India's answer to Brian Dennehy I hear.

It's big in that at least to me old kayfabe found a new home in India and that part of the world. They could be working us all but they get very worked up about the old pro wrasslin in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sirsok wrote: »
    He will be a guru won't he? A self help guru, mascarading as a helper but actually being sinister. All the rage nowadays sure!

I thought they tried that already....I recall Jericho calling him a stupid idiot when he tried to teach him breathing techniques.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I thought they tried that already....I recall Jericho calling him a stupid idiot when he tried to teach him breathing techniques.

And Sonjay Dutt did it in TNA too. It's just racial stereotype stuff now

Advertisement