Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Blake was something else, wasn't he?
    Showing people cam footage of him training in the dungeon. Claiming to be the last wrestler who came out of there. Ballsack :pac: did like one training session then "embellished" (for a nicer word) his wrestling career :pac:

He wasn't the only BS'er too. lol.

Wrestling is a magnet for it in fairness! As are most performing arts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Having watched the Hard to Kill main event, I'm wondering is Sami Callahan the most disgusting (couldn't think of a word I wanted so that was best option) wrestler on any of the main companies?

Watch ya mean? All the spit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I think Callihan is great, one of the better heels in the business for me. Would have liked him to get a longer run but can see why Impact went with Tessa, was a really good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Partially what self-destructed his NJPW prospects. Who could've predicted the NJPW roster would not appreciate being slobbered on every night.

Partially what self-destructed his NJPW prospects. Who could've predicted the NJPW roster would not appreciate being slobbered on every night.

It is off putting but I find he's similar to Jericho in that he's committed to his character, and will make certain choices to make himself unappealing on purpose.

People (myself included) will complain about Jericho being out of shape and wearing pants a size too small, only for me to eventually realise he was doing it on purpose. Well I think he is anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It is off putting but I find he's similar to Jericho in that he's committed to his character, and will make certain choices to make himself unappealing on purpose.

People (myself included) will complain about Jericho being out of shape and wearing pants a size too small, only for me to eventually realise he was doing it on purpose. Well I think he is anyway!

I'm not sure how much control Jericho really has of his body shape anymore but the visuals of it do make his character so much more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not just the spit, but the snot, blowing his nose at them. At one point he had a long strand of snot clearly on his face. I'm not a germaphobe but those kinds of things would be offputting.
    I know it's his character but I'm sure there are better ways to get the character across.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not just the spit, but the snot, blowing his nose at them. At one point he had a long strand of snot clearly on his face. I'm not a germaphobe but those kinds of things would be offputting.
    I know it's his character but I'm sure there are better ways to get the character across.

Ah yea I saw that too. He's a knacker to be fair but I suppose if his opponents are game I can live with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

What random thoughts was Nidia having at this point lol

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.onlineworldofwrestling.com%2Fpictures%2Ft%2Ftorriewilson%2F13.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Marcus Cor Von/Monty Brown was 37 at Wrestlemania 23 when he wrestled as a part of The New Breed.

New Breed my hole :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Man every time I see his name I got to say I miss Monty Brown he was so good in TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Monty was a good wrestler and a lot of potential to do more than what he did.
    Sad really. He quit wrestling because a family member died and he took care of their kids.

Some articles say it was his sister while some say it was his wife. Sad in any case.

Nearly certain it was his sister, so he and his wife took her kids in! He retired to run a gym in his hometown I believe. I was a big fan of his! He had 'all the tools'

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would like another wrestling show along the lines of Lucha Underground. A combination of over the top stories and production on top of the wrestling.

LU was the show that got me back into wrestling! Absolutely loved everything about it! Combination Marvel Cinematic Universe meets crazy indy wrestling! Loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

brianblaze wrote: »
    LU was the show that got me back into wrestling! Absolutely loved everything about it! Combination Marvel Cinematic Universe meets crazy indy wrestling! Loved it

It was different, a true alternative. Maybe too niche for its own good but it was highly enjoyable.

Most of the talent are now in decent positions elsewhere.

A new interview gone up lately with David Benoit where he talks about wanting to wrestle as Chris Benoit Jr.

I haven't seen it yet, but any interviews of him I have seen suggest that he is a very odd fish.

A new interview gone up lately with David Benoit where he talks about wanting to wrestle as Chris Benoit Jr.

I haven't seen it yet, but any interviews of him I have seen suggest that he is a very odd fish.

He appears to be messed up, and to be fair who could blame him considering what hes gone through.

Statements like that make him appear unstable. Any promoter willing to indulge him needs to take a good look at themselves.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He appears to be messed up, and to be fair who could blame him considering what hes gone through.

Statements like that make him appear unstable. Any promoter willing to indulge him needs to take a good look at themselves.
    I have no doubt that there are people who would gladly have him do the whole Benoit gimmick at an Indy show.

Is the lad trained at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is the lad trained at all?

I remember him doing something with Lance Storm, but that may have just been a visit to the Acadamy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I remember him doing something with Lance Storm, but that may have just been a visit to the Acadamy

Ah OK. From what I've seen the lad is well liked appearing on many wrestlers' Instagram. He's still young and given what he went through as a kid, it's good that he's getting a platform to talk through how he feels and his hopes.

Very unfair for anyone to call him odd based on that.

Ah OK. From what I've seen the lad is well liked appearing on many wrestlers' Instagram. He's still young and given what he went through as a kid, it's good that he's getting a platform to talk through how he feels and his hopes.

Very unfair for anyone to call him odd based on that.

I don't think hes odd but he has issues, which isn't his fault obviously. Wanting to take his fathers name and wear his fathers tights isn't healthy behavior considering what hes been through.

Hes been through a lot and I can only imagine whats hes been through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pretty sure he never really trained with Storm get the feeling he was meant to and skipped out on training.
    Kinda seems like he wants to be a wrestler but doesn't want to put any of the effort in really.
    We've been hearing for years now that he wants to be a wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

beakerjoe wrote: »

I took it as he could wrestle under the Chris Benoit name if he wanted to and WWE couldn't stop him as his name's David Christopher Benoit. This was after they talked about him not owning the rights to his father name was it, think that's what it was and then they went into the bit about how he could use the name.

I wouldn't read too much into some of the stuff he said. The lads very uncomfortable talking on camera, could barely talk about his job and only really perked up when they talked about video games.

Random question but does anyone know if using a VPN you could sign up to WWE Network in another country and it be cheaper.
    Anyone know of a country that is cheaper, I know the US would be. Currently doing this with Netflix wonder if it would be possible with WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ThePott wrote: »
    Random question but does anyone know if using a VPN you could sign up to WWE Network in another country and it be cheaper.
    Anyone know of a country that is cheaper, I know the US would be. Currently doing this with Netflix wonder if it would be possible with WWE.

Turkey is very cheap this way for Netflix because of the drop in their currency last year, same with Argentina and Mexico being among the cheapest, might be the same few for the WWE Network

Yeah might see if I can find prices and try switching. I don't get enough use out of the network really to justify the price these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I remember when gamestop started stocking wwe and ecw dvds about 13 years ago i was 17 Iandwas working in Superquinn which was in the same shopping centre at the time, had just gotten paid my 230 a week. And I went and dropped the whole Paycheck on Dvds.

Father went nuts, as I had to pay my rent etc promised my double the next week, but i was so excited, i got massive mileafe put of those dvds, decade of desteuction, bret Hart doc and loads of ecw ones.

I had spent more that day then I would on the network for a year, nearly two. I cancelled the network after mania this year, I initially had a con set up, so when it was released in the states I could access, but the WWE became so stale I couldn't stand paying for the product anymore.

• Advertisement

I remember there was a shop in town that sold ECW tapes and in the early 00s I went in and bought 8 of them for a tenner each and the chap behind the counter was raging, saying they were priced wrong and that they should be 20!

Advertisement